iestx

HELP Designing a wireless point to point surveillance system

I need some ideas and thoughts on a ptz camera transmitting by wireless back to a barn maybe a mile away, which would be line of sight. This is going to be solar powered, it is to watch for poachers and game animals, would like to have a camera that is good low light and has a day, night function and a high optical zoom. I would like some ideas on what camera and sending and receiving unit to use in this application..At the base station I am wanting to put a remote view dvr and 2 or 3 cameras at the barn also. Would like to have any of your professional thoughts on this system.. Money is not an issue, your ideas would be greatly appreciated on this project..

I'd use a networking wireless setup and a sweet PTZ from Axis. Get a 130watt Koyceria, morning start charge controller, and a deep cycle marine battery (go solar battery if money continues to be no issue

use this site for wireless; http://www.wirelessnetworkproducts.com/index.asp

you can shop around for solar; make sure you build your complete system backwards so that you can match your power requirements to the proper solar/battery setup.

IP Recording software? I'd use Video Insight IP Camera solution; http://www.video-insight.com/Products/IP-Server.aspx and yes, I am a dealer VI

using a wireless network solution will provide you with the reliable quality, PTZ control, and also audio if you like.

If you need more help I'd be glad to "gett'er done"

If I use the Canon VB-C50IR camera what dome would you recommend, is it really necessary to use heated and cooled dome considering im located in north texas.. This drives the cost of your solar and battery prices way up. Would you just you a nitrogen filled dome (1,000.00) than double your solar cost.. Any ideas would help... What antennas and radios would you reccomend in this application...

Money is not an issue.....................

do it right and don't try to skimp on sloar. Like I stated; build it backwards and then buy it.

not sure about the cannon PTZ.

heater/blower not only functions in extreme temps, it also works in Texas. And Texas can have extreme changes in weather.

the WEB site I offered you on wireless has experts on-call. use them as your experts and concentrate on the end result.

Now, there are ways to cut corners but you will reduce the overall quality and reliability. You get what you pay for, especially when you start customizing it.

Sorry if I come off a bit grumbly, but, you took a position and you seem to be backing off your original statement. My advice is based on experience......and it's free today!

poachers vs wireless

Something like the axis 35x optical IP dome, remember to hide or amour

your gear poachers shoot and steal everything including you shiny new camera ! [even from km`s away]

A Pelco spectra 4 or axis

http://www.axis.com/products/cam_233d/index.htm

Also add IR lots of it. maybe a laser one for power conservation 20w

http://www.electrophysics.com/Browse/Brw_ProductLineCategory.asp?CategoryID=94&Area=NV

the bad guys hunt at night of course.

High power WIFI unit and high gain antennas -you can get integrated systems easily

The ultimate would be an active range gate camera

http://www.vumii.com/productsitem.jsp?content=1

my 2 c

z

Poaching is not a problem , but it will be used to watch neighbors and animals activity.. just wanting a simple point to point ptz solar setup with recording back at base station, I do appreciate all the input though..Anymore info would be appreciated

Thanks for the info guys. I'd like to hear more on this subject if possible

. A "relatively" cost effective solution to something like this is interesting. I studied the Vumii brochure, specifically the continuous laser with 24000 hour MTBF. The FOV appears to be "narrow" and also performs poorly in foggy conditions unless the IR is moved remotely. How would you integrate the ALS - 20 IR laser to a good PTZ camera. What kind of camera? -The Axis 233d ? Can that be mounted in an enclosure with blower/heater? Assuming this was all solar powered (with the radio Xmiter) what size of tower are you talking about here? How long would something like this be expected to last? Anyone have a rough estimate on how much the hardware would add up to? I have friends that have problems with poaching and theft on ranches as well. Knowing there is a potential defense to the situation helps a lot. Thanks in advance guys.

My first post: I've been reading quite a bit on this forum and just wanted to say It's been fun reading. Lots of sharp people in here

sharp and good looking....

Make sure the camera has an IR cut filter at least for IR

get a demo at night that will sort em out real quick.

I was told I needed cameras with sensitivity at 810nm. What exactly does this mean? Anyone know good cameras with high zoom that match this?