simo923

Video and Audio together over network

Hi guys, again.

I am getting there slowly.

So far i have found out that the best way for me to be able to view 64 channels all at once is through VMD in control center. According to the manuals this is not the way its done but it seems to work for me so far.

I can switch cameras and use the PTZ function.

The only problem i am having is getting audio. no matter what i go through i can't seem to get audio and video monitoring together. In VMD i can select only video channels.

Actually at the DVR machine i can view any video channel and just right click on any channel and go WaveOut which lets me listen to that mic.

Is there anyway i can do this from a remote machine over the network?

Thanks.

(btw - i will be going for training with ezcctv so i may get there in the end)

No replies to this is slightly worrying. I have based my enitre system around Geovision on the information given to me by several companies. All agreed that Geovision software/hardware could be used to view 64 channels over a network of audio and video. Already i have found out that this is not entirely true as there are a lot of limitations on playback and recording of audio.

The only problem i am having is getting audio. no matter what i go through i can't seem to get audio and video monitoring together. In VMD i can select only video channels.

Actually at the DVR machine i can view any video channel and just right click on any channel and go WaveOut which lets me listen to that mic.

quote]

Hello,

VMD Function does have audio functions under control center software....

Under the VMD screen, if you right click the screen and choose " Advance Live View "...You will see an audio and micro phone icon appear...

Due to the network connection , the audio and video will delay a little bit with each other....

Any questions, please let me know...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Thanks Andy. Yeah i could get audio that way. Hope the client is happy getting it that way.

It just looks like i have the system set up completely wrong. Would you have any advice? Need to connect to 4 Geovision servers, see all channels at once and be able to access to audio on all channels?

Also, it seems that if an audio channel is occupied and the adjacent video channel isn't, the system will not allow an export of the audio. There is only save .avi and not .wav. Can't wait to get some training.