Sign in to follow this  
mrx188

Login problems with AVC776W over the internet

Hi to everybody,

I need help with an AVC776W DVR:

I can access it over internet, but not always - often when I try to access it over internet with the browser (explorer 6.0) or VideoServer S, it aswers that I don't have the permissions or login error.

I noted that using my notebook from a LAN where pc have static IP, it works fine, if I use it from a LAN wher PC have dynamic IP, it doesn't work - these are my test :

Modem Analogic -> OK with Video S / OK with browser

Modem ADSL -> OK with Video S / Login error with browser

Router ADSL with DHCP -> Login error with Video S / Login error with browser

Router ADSL pc with static ip -> OK with Video S / OK with browser

Also: I have a doubt - From the DVR menu, network, in IP SERVER I have to put the DVR IP or the router's IP ?

Please could someone help me telling wy I have login problems?

I appreciate every answer

Thank you

Hi to everybody,

I need help with an AVC776W DVR:

I can access it over internet, but not always - often when I try to access it over internet with the browser (explorer 6.0) or VideoServer S, it aswers that I don't have the permissions or login error.

I noted that using my notebook from a LAN where pc have static IP, it works fine, if I use it from a LAN wher PC have dynamic IP, it doesn't work - these are my test :

Modem Analogic -> OK with Video S / OK with browser

Modem ADSL -> OK with Video S / Login error with browser

Router ADSL with DHCP -> Login error with Video S / Login error with browser

Router ADSL pc with static ip -> OK with Video S / OK with browser

Also: I have a doubt - From the DVR menu, network, in IP SERVER I have to put the DVR IP or the router's IP ?

Please could someone help me telling wy I have login problems?

I appreciate every answer

Thank you

Appeaently a lot of terms you used in the problem description is wrong i think.

Best is you engage a professional to assist you to setup. Anyway, AVC776W is an obsolute model of DVR from AVTech. From what I know, they are not in production anymore.

PC/Laptop, doesn't matter if it's dynamic or static. If you are connected to the network, you are.

The DVR should be setted to have a constant IP. Else you'll not be able to do port forwarding, etc. Either using static IP or using DHCP with a fixed assigned ip, that depends on the networking equipments and setup you have.

The IP in the Video Web Server refers to your DVR's IP.

But on the other hand, if you are accesing from Internet from a remote PC, that'll also be your ADSL Modem/Router's Public IP, provided that you had done all the neccessary port forwarding.

Your STATIC IP, does it refers to STATIC IP given by your ISP ? Or Static IP you assigned yourself in your LAN environment ?

Modem Analogic ? What's that ?

As I said.. engage someone with knowledge on networking.

Sorry guys.. but IMHO, there's only a limit to how much we can help here i think. To do network setup, you need at least a basic knowledge of how everythings work. Coming here, and expect a step by step guide on how to do it ? hmmm......

Refers to what some others had written regarding networking setup in these threads. They give pretty good guide on how to do it. If you are still having prob, i really think it's time to get someone else to do it.

Thank you for answering.

My english is not so good, so maybe I didn't explain me well.

I know that the avc776w in obsolete, but it's what I have...

Normally I'm able to access the DVR from internet, but not always.

Using the same computer (my laptop), so the problems doesn't dipend on a different computer configuration, I have diffrent results depending on the LAN where my laptop is (office, shop, home, intenet point, etc).

When I can't access the DVR it say's You don't have permissions (iexplorer) or Login Error with VideoServer S, but why?? the user/password never changed (admin/...).

I don't understand why from some LAN I can access and from other it say login error - It's very strange and this is the reason wy I'm asking help.

I'm considering that my DVR has some problems, but I want to be sure before.

Thank you

Thank you for answering.

My english is not so good, so maybe I didn't explain me well.

I know that the avc776w in obsolete, but it's what I have...

Normally I'm able to access the DVR from internet, but not always.

Using the same computer (my laptop), so the problems doesn't dipend on a different computer configuration, I have diffrent results depending on the LAN where my laptop is (office, shop, home, intenet point, etc).

When I can't access the DVR it say's You don't have permissions (iexplorer) or Login Error with VideoServer S, but why?? the user/password never changed (admin/...).

I don't understand why from some LAN I can access and from other it say login error - It's very strange and this is the reason wy I'm asking help.

I'm considering that my DVR has some problems, but I want to be sure before.

Thank you

I guess you should be using IE7 or Vista (Which come preinstalled with IE7). Older AVTech's DVR with video webservers uses ActiveX for Internet viewing on browser. IE7 has some basic components changes in the authication modules. It causes some incompatibilty in authication with some applications. I experience it with some other DVRs as well that made use of the components for loggin in. Most of them resolve the problem by upgrading the firmware.

But i think AVC776W does not come up with newer firmware to resolve this. AVTech's ppl surf this forum regulary, maybe you can ask them.

Also... had been scratching my head over this.. since AVTech ppl frequent this forum... why are we, instead of them... answering all these queries from their users ? Shouldn't we get paid for supporting their equipments ?

Looking at the threads.. most of the queries arises from their equipments.