cctv4sb

AVTECH 760 e-mail setup

Hi,

Anyone out there have the email facility actually working on their 760. I've put in all the correct settings but still no mail and it's driving me crazy!

Thanks

Hi,

Anyone out there have the email facility actually working on their 760. I've put in all the correct settings but still no mail and it's driving me crazy!

Thanks

Yes. Most likely you missed out 2 things.

1. setup the DNS Server.

The dns server setting is required, unless you put in direct IP for your smtp server. what dns server does is it resolve your domain names to ip addresses. i.e. you put in smtp.wans.yahoo.com, the dns server will resolve it and give you 68.142.198.11. Put in the wrong DNS server, it'll not return you the correct ip, thus u can't send out your mail. Check with your isp for the DNS Server, and the SMTP server you can use.

2. Set up your smtp server. Make sure it's one that you have access from your current internet account your dvr is connected to. Most smtp server belonging to isp restrict themselves only to the IP addresses of the isp.

Thanks Daryl, it's now working at last! The instructions are useless.

I was using my normal smtp outgoing server.

However, replacing it with the DNS server for BT has now solved everything.

This.. is what i mean by assisting. Basically the user have no problem setting up the system. Just that certain things are not clear and they need some form of clearing up. Or point to the right direction.

If you need to be guided steps by steps to do it, IMHO, engage someone to do it.

This.. is what i mean by assisting. Basically the user have no problem setting up the system. Just that certain things are not clear and they need some form of clearing up. Or point to the right direction.

If you need to be guided steps by steps to do it, IMHO, engage someone to do it.

I hope you didn't misunderstand me. I meant that the User Manual is hopeless, but YOUR instructions were good!

I hope you didn't misunderstand me. I meant that the User Manual is hopeless, but YOUR instructions were good!

No, didn't misunderstood you. I understand what you mean.

What i mean is that there's no prob assisting users such as you, basically you know how to do everything, just need a nudge in the right direction, or some guides.

If it's some users that required a step by step guide and handholding throughout the whole configuration, imho, time for them to engage someone to do it for them.

Ahhh... Ok.

I just wish the e-mail pictures could be bigger. Maybe there is a setting somewhere to do this?