anchorjoe

PTZ Control issues

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding a couple of PTZ's I am installing for a client and need some guidance. I have three separate PC's setup running GV-800-8 cards in each PC. On all three systems, I have one Bosch Autodome Easy (model: VEZ-021-HWCS) on each, and one Nuvico SD-Z35 PTZ on one of the three systems (so, I have two PTZ's on one system, and one on each of the other two- 4PTZ's total).

I have two of the three PC systems up (two with the Bosch PTZ's only) and running with images coming from the PTZ. I have gone into the GeoVision software and mapped the PTZ's by ID address, com port, etc. as well as selected the only Bosch PTZ on the GeoVision list. Question I have is has anyone used this kind of PTZ and what settings did you have to use to get it to work correctly with the GeoVision program? I am kindof thinking that I need to use a different camera model from the pull down list, but I don't know which one will work. Also, I have left the default settings on the SD-Z35 camera thinking it would default to ID#1 and then I set the Bosch's to ID's 2-4 accordingly. Does anyone have any experience with the SD-Z35 camera and the default settings, will it default to ID#1 on the system.

I am also concerned if the GeoVision software will see the PTZ address as 1-the address location (ex. camera set to ID#1, so to work it I need to select address 0 in the on-screen control panel)...

Thank you so much for any expertise on this matter.

Do you have a camera you can test locally to the machine. I think this would help you a lot. I have used PTZ's with plenty of Geo systems and it's usually been an installer error for them not working. Wrong address, etc.. That's why it's helpful to know how to get them working or have them working before you install them.

Things to keep in mind:

- Proper com port (also are you using MB's serial port or a USB RS485?)

- Make sure of is you didn't cross the wires for the RS485 control.

- PTZ ID is set properly. I know some of the domes we've used would be set to 1 but Geo would control them as 0.

- Proper Baud rate settings. Usually displayed when the camera boots up.

- Mapped to proper camera.

Not sure what else there is. You seem to have most of it covered.

I am using the USB port vs. the serial port, and I have been wondering about that. It is a great idea to take the camera and connect directly to the system vs. through the cable to test the settings. Unfortunately, I don't usually have a spare camera to test with.

I think between the USB vs. serial port and the model selection in the Geo S/W, that might be where the problem is since I have tried to get control with different address selections. Thanks for the insight..

The USB is usually COM3 so make sure your using that. I've used the USB version and it's worked flawlessly for me. You should be able to see it in device manager.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there is a special driver I need to load from GeoVision for the USB to work properly, or is it just the built in drivers from Windows? I seem to recall that there was a special driver I needed, but stressing over this function I may be smoking something....

The driver is on the GeoVision CD, It should show up in device manager under Ports as Prolific USB...

Dear Anchojoe,

I had checked the latest version 8.2 PTZ support list...

The model you got there it's not on the list

Bosch(TC700/8560) is the model we support..

The model you provide here Bosch Autodome Easy (model: VEZ-021-HWCS) on each, and one Nuvico SD-Z35 PTZ , I am not sure if these two domes would work with GeoVision since we haven't got these models tested before...

But... one thing you can try is to test PTZ dome locally as the others mention.. In addition, PLEASE try the BoshTC700/8560 protocol to see if that works...

In the GeoVision software..

Configure icon >> System Configure

On the right hand side, check PTZ device setup.

And select BoshTC700/8560....

Any questions, please let me know...

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287