methcat

avtech and usb

this may sound stupid, but does the usb drive have to be inserted at a specific time to be read? my drive i had lying around didn't work, so i bought a 1gb micro cruzer, which is on the supported list. i didn't specifically format it, but when i check props on it, my laptop says it's formatted FAT... my 781 is giving me format errors and not showing any capacity...

edit*** so i guess the compatibility list should read "sandisck micro cruzer with reformat... went from fat to fat32 and all is well.

this may sound stupid, but does the usb drive have to be inserted at a specific time to be read? my drive i had lying around didn't work, so i bought a 1gb micro cruzer, which is on the supported list. i didn't specifically format it, but when i check props on it, my laptop says it's formatted FAT... my 781 is giving me format errors and not showing any capacity...

edit*** so i guess the compatibility list should read "sandisck micro cruzer with reformat... went from fat to fat32 and all is well.

It doesn't support USB Harddisk. Only thumbdrive. And not all thumbdrive. It's not limited to those in the list, but it doesn't support all as well.

And yes, you'll have to reformat it to FAT32. Most thumbdrive come preformated as FAT16.