anchorjoe

GeoVision control Center and a remote desktop

Hey everyone,

Happy Monday.. I have a few questions I am hoping to get some guidance on. I have a project that I am working to close out and I am not quite sure if my idea will work or not. I have three PC's setup with the GV-800-8 PC/DVR cards and I was going to use the GV Control Center to bring them all together on one monitor.

Can I install this software on a fourth PC to bring the PC/DVR systems together and then log into this system with windows remote desktop and still maintain control? And, could I theoretically log into this forth system with one of the PC/DVR systems and have the same control features without conflicts to the GeoVision software that would be running in the back-ground?

Thank you so much for any guidance... Joe

With control center you don't need to RDP into the boxes if you don't want to, control center has an integrated terminal service client.

Thanks. Good to know. I think what I will have to do is load the Control Center on a fourth PC and then just log into it remotely from there. Do you know if it will create any issues if I log into this program from a PC that is running the GeoVision Main S/W. I am hoping I can do this and not create any issues with the PC/DVR recording program..

Dear Anchorjoe,

Control Center contains 2 kind of remote access applications.

One is called Remote Desktop and the other is called Remote DVR.

Remote Desktop in Control Center is very similar to Windows Remote Desktop.. but the difference is when you are using GeoVision's remote desktop to login to the DVR, the current windows user in the DVR will not be logout.. With GeoVision Remote Desktop feature, you can change any configuration under Windows and GeoVision application.

On the other hand, if you are using remote DVR, you can only remote access GeoVision application. And you have limited rights to change the setting under GeoVision application.

Both GeoVision remote desktop and remote DVR will not interfere with DVR's recording..

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287

Thanks Andy. I think this will work out great then. My plan was to load the GeoVision Control Center on a fourth PC that has a static IP so the client could log into that system remotely to see the camera systems. I also wanted to be able to take one of the PC/DVR systems and log into the system with the control center loaded so that my client could also see all the camera's from his office monitor when he was in the office.

Based on what I have read so far, I think this will work out great. Thanks for the help...