theoottesen

DVR HS-DVR163 Remote issues behind router

I can access the dvr from home, but only if I plug directly into my cable modem. If I am behind the router the software will log into the dvr but I get no video. I tried setting my laptop as dmz but that doesnt help. Does anyone have any ideas. Thank you for your help.

I can access the dvr from home, but only if I plug directly into my cable modem. If I am behind the router the software will log into the dvr but I get no video. I tried setting my laptop as dmz but that doesnt help. Does anyone have any ideas. Thank you for your help.

I can't picture your setup.

Are you saying the DVR works when connected directly to the cable modem, but not when it's behind the router? If that is the case then you should try putting the DVR in your DMZ; not the laptop. If that isn't what you are saying please try to describe your setup with greater detail for us. Thanks.

here is the setup,

at my clients restaurant the dvr is plugged into the modem directly, all ports are open.

remotely, the dvr can be viewed through pc as long as the pc is not behind a router, but directly plugged into the modem.

It works fine as long as the pc is not behind the router, but once behind the router the video will not show up.

NAT and also check if any firewall is enabled!

JD

here is the setup,

at my clients restaurant the dvr is plugged into the modem directly, all ports are open.

remotely, the dvr can be viewed through pc as long as the pc is not behind a router, but directly plugged into the modem.

It works fine as long as the pc is not behind the router, but once behind the router the video will not show up.

here is the setup,

That's the 1606A+ is it the one with the CD burner on the front or the one with the HDD? That sounds like the 163 is the one with the cd burner so we'll go with it at that type of setup.

The router you're currently using, can you please give me that model or brand? I'm fairly familiar with most types of routers and it sounds like your giving the dvr and your pc the same ip therefore giving you a headache.

If you want give me a call at our office (as I am fairly familiar with that model) and I'll try to help you out if you are on location. 1-888-315-1219, just simply say you need to speak to John and we'll work the bugs out.

Or if you can remotely access the router/modem then we can do it that way tho it will be loads easier if you are at the unit.

Goodluck,

John