drcworld

Looking for some help on a system for a gym -Cameras and DVR

Looking for a lot of advice on which cameras and DVR to get to monitor a gym. Would like to spend around 200 per camera and around 400-600 on a DVR that can be viewed remotely. Needs to hook to a flat screen tv and would like it to have 6-8 camera ports.

I have looked on here for a couple of months and just end up getting really confused with all the choices and model numbers so if there are definite choices i should go with please let me know.

I was looking at bullets w/infared like Pelco or Nuvico. Brand names with good customer service and warranties would help as they are going to be up there a long time. Would be nice if they had a lens that could see a lot of the room without distorting too much.

I added (could only add 3) pictures of the rooms that need to be covered. They have a lot of sun coming into the large windows during the day and halogen lights at night. The basketball area has HID lights.

Feel free to PM me if there is someone who can help me out over the phone also etc.

gym.thumb.jpg.6c5e860b72c58cfa96bc350dadf97984.jpg

cardio.thumb.jpg.8164a975cf7c6ad30fb6a57c360111f3.jpg

lobby.thumb.jpg.641cf735d4ec1cca9d07eeea36c468da.jpg

From what I can see, all you want are internal cameras and no mention about cameras for outside.. Not sure why you need bullet cameras, as they are very cheesy looking for an establishment like this gym...

For $200.00 per camera with decent quality picture and with three years warranty is a good budget... you should easily be able to get hi res color cameras with 520TVL or 540TVL resolution, the lens and the mount that can fall within this budget. OR, you can get hi res color minidome package that will perform as well... It will be your preference which type you like. In similar gyms, I have seen both types and even mixture of both. Either way, your choice of the budget will allow to cover both options.

Here are some options for the cameras:

Option 1 - Sanyo VCC-6584 520TVL camera, Tokina Lens TVR2714DC lens (2.7mm - 12.5mm) AutoIris, and camera mount...

Option 2 - Sanyo VCC-9684VA with 540TVL camera and lens covering 2.8mm - 8.0mm AutoIris

As for the DVR, the only option that I can provide is from Sanyo Embedded 6 ports model - DSR-3506H80 that falls within your budget, very easy to program and use, Internet ready and comes with full three years warranty...

Once you push the number of port higher than 6 channels, then price can go higher and I am sure other member can jump in for their recommendations.. My options for 8 channel DVRs will not be less than $1,000, so it is worth to get other opinions...

Hope this helps and please let me know if we can be any further assistance.

Thanks so much for the replies. Yea i think i am going to go with a 4 port seeing as they increase in price a lot from there. Just have to figure out what the minimum hard drive size i should go with.

email me if any one has a number i could contact to purchase equipment from and get some more advice. Thanks so much. drcworld@yahoo

Depends on your location, would be best if you have a dealer close to you, then support would be close if needed. I have Direct lvs close to me in Louisville, and have dealt with them for several years.

The cameras should be something Varifocal I think because you're not going to be to to sure of the mounting location, so that extra play room would be nice.

We have a nice dome (lower lines than you're looking for I think tho)

VF-AD420 1/3" Color 4-8MM Vari Focal Color Tri-Axis Dome (420TVL)

2G49 (EG) Vari Focal 3.5-8mm Dome AC/DC Switchable (470TVL)

Either of those would work great and they are both vari-focal which is a huge bonus (sell more 2g49). Also they are definitely under 200 bucks!!! As far as your dvr I think you should strongly consider speaking to your customer and letting them know that with this budget you will not be getting a very good unit, or if this is for yourself then please be warned of that.

I like the DVR046 (4chan) or the DVR808, we've had great success with these units and they are 120fps with motion detection and up to 750GB hdd's can be installed in them. If you want I'll email you more specs but pm me (or post) and let me know if I need to do so.

RickA, Did you ever test that unit you were demo'ing??????!!!

Thanks,

John

Hey thanks for the info.

I am located in Eastern Long Island, NY, if anyone knows some place good. Also looking for an installer, just don't want to get ripped off. If anyone knows someone reputable. I would love a point in the right direction.

Thanks again for the help thus far.

Daniel

Also take a look at the Avermedia DVRs .. particularly the EB1304 NET, search the forum for further info on those.

As to cameras, best quality would be achieved from Box cameras, so long as you are nor worried about vandalism, check out Sony, GE, Sanyo, Bosch, and Panasonic. The ceilings look high enough, and cost is fairly inexpensive on professional box cameras and lenses these days.

Rory