jimmyNJ

DVR installation questions

I've just my first DVR install. It's a small AVTECH DVQ2, 4 channel DVR. I have a couple questions perhaps someone can address:

the cameras seem to record every shadow /sunlight that moves across the camera view. I haven't figured out the fine tuning of the DVR. There are settings for LS (level of sensitivity), SS and TS. I've been adjusting LS from 2 up to 15. What can be done?

Also we placed the DVR in an equipment closet, inside an office. The issue the customer said is that if someone knew they could just steal it along with the recordings of whatever they did. What is the best way to secure the DVR, a lock box? What do you ordinarily do?

Also, is it possible with this unit to schedule regular backups to a network hdd space. I see there is a backup option but regularly scheduled backups would be neat.

Thanks for your help. I'm learning.

you can lock the dvr inside a secure cabinet.

for you questions regarding the adjustment for motion recording this are the definitions from the manual:

(Spatial Sensitivity)

“SSâ€

I've just my first DVR install. It's a small AVTECH DVQ2, 4 channel DVR. I have a couple questions perhaps someone can address:

the cameras seem to record every shadow /sunlight that moves across the camera view. I haven't figured out the fine tuning of the DVR. There are settings for LS (level of sensitivity), SS and TS. I've been adjusting LS from 2 up to 15. What can be done?

Also we placed the DVR in an equipment closet, inside an office. The issue the customer said is that if someone knew they could just steal it along with the recordings of whatever they did. What is the best way to secure the DVR, a lock box? What do you ordinarily do?

Also, is it possible with this unit to schedule regular backups to a network hdd space. I see there is a backup option but regularly scheduled backups would be neat.

Thanks for your help. I'm learning.

For your first question, you can refer to si_kungs's method.

For your second concern, I think Yes you should have a lock box for the dvr device, maybe not necessorily a lock box, but I think that the DVR should be placed in a seprate room just like your company's net control center, a room special person has the privilege to enter, and what's more important is that, any of a DVR device should have password to login, at least 3 class of password that you can set, this way it will be secured.

For your third question, I don't know the answer. Our DVR don't have this function, manual backup only. You can contact your supplier for more information.

Hope you happy. Happy April Fools' Day

They can always get at the box if they have a real mind to.

I have notices saying that recordings are being monitored externally.

I've also left the old video recorder there with a tape in it so they can take that.

Most burglars are pretty thick so they'll recognize that and not look any further . . . . .

I've seen them stuffed inside drop ceilings along with the alarm box.

Not really the best idea due to firecodes and such, but..

They can always get at the box if they have a real mind to.

I have notices saying that recordings are being monitored externally.

I've also left the old video recorder there with a tape in it so they can take that.

Most burglars are pretty thick so they'll recognize that and not look any further . . . . .

There's always a limit to watch each devices can do....

Refer to Defence in Depth.

Anyway, wear a hood and a raincoat and platform shoes, stuff some padding, cctv also no use.