CCTV24HRS

SPECO 8TN RS485 PIN OUT

Hello, Is anyone able to provide me with a pin out diagram of which 2 pins to use for RS485 on a Speco DVR 8TN. There are 2 Alarm I/O and RS485 ports on the rear of the unit. There is also a separate RS 232 jack. After reviewing their manual, it says pin 1 is RS485 D+ and pin 2 is RS485 D-. There are 2 rows of 9 pins. I can't get a grip on which pins are number 1 or 2. I would like to hook up a Speco CVC927 PTZ camera to the DVR and use the RS485 to control the functions of the camera. I believe this is possible through the DVR without the use of a separate keyboard such as the Speco KBD927. I have emailed Speco and have not heard back from them. I work 12 hrs a day and just don't have time to call them so I thought I would get some advice from this forum. I've been installing DVR's and cameras for several years just a s hobby for friends and family. I have never ventured out into the PTZ area and RS485 communication.

If my interpretation is correct from page 125 of the manual pin one is bottom left facing the rear of the unit. (see illustration in manual)

Good luck...

( this is also posted where you asked in introductions)

Hello Mr..surveillance, thanks for your input. Your interpretation is correct. I was able to get control using these 2 pins for RS485. I was on the same assumption you were but the drawing that Speco provides is poor. I would think that at least they could label each pin, at least on the pull out plug, to minimize any confusion. Regardless, thanks for taking the time to reply and helping me feel more confident with my approach.

TO ACCESS 927 DOME MENU ON TN SERIES! SET DVR TO PELCO D! GOTO PRE-SET 95 AND SELECT "GOTO PRESET".....VERY SIMPLE....BAA-DAA-BING BA-DA-BA...USE ARROW KEYS TO MAKE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS. SEE USER GUIDE FOR MORE DETAILS.

Hello jaboogie2, I tried doing what you mentioned above to access the Speco CVC927 PTZ Fastrax 2 camera menu, but no luck---BAA DAA BUMMER--- I tried reading through the manuals of both the Speco TN series DVR and Speco CVC927 PTZ and found nothing. It appears that I need a Speco KBD927 controller to access the Speco CVC927 menu. I'm sure there is somehow I can get to the 927 PTZ camera through the Speco DVR. I'll keep trying things. I would think since they are the same manufacturers the DVR should be able to access the cameras menu.

PS--I do have RS485 hooked up and I am able to control the camera and set presets, just no access to the cameras menu to set parameters / tours, etc.

Hello there, well I know it works because i've configured it over a dozen times myself. LETS START OVER AGAIN! Make sure the dome protocol is set to "PELCO D" and set the baud rate to "9600" in the dvr. Reboot the dome by unplugging the power then plugging it back in. Press the DOME button on the dvr for Dome Control. Press the number 2 button to disable the hint screen followed by number 1 to access dome presets. Scroll down to preset 95 and hit enter on " go-to preset" and select YES. DOME MENU SHOULD COME ON THE SCREEN.........DO NOT "SET PRESET"! MAKE SURE YOU "GO PRESET"!....OH YEAH, REMEMBER TO REBOOT THE DOME