eugeneg

More Help choosing DVR Card & Software

I have just read thread 12060 and see that I need to ask much the same question. I would appreciate advice as I currently have a DICO-800 card and software that are on a PC with Windows XP loaded that has just died.

I can't find any information on whether the software will run on Windows Vista and whether drivers are available, and if so, from where ?

I see that the DICO-800 has now been succeeded by a DICO-900B but I can't find a supplier to tell me that it will work on a Vista PC.

It may be that another DVR card would be better for 4 RCA cameras, but I really don't know where to go to find out that information - other than here ! I am based in UK if that makes a difference.

There is a 25 FPS Digital Surveillance Recorder (DVR) Card going for just £23.31 at www hypereshop com /25-fps-digital-surveillance-recorder-dvr-card-3874-p.asp

Is that too good to be true ?

Much appreciation to anyone who can steer me in the right direction.

Have you had a chance to play with Vista?.. I say stick to XP. If you really wanna give Vista a shot just to play around with it i say do it, this way you can get it out of your system and understand why everyone is taking it off their computers... have an XP disk handy. I've changed back about 20-30 computers back to XP from Vista for friends and family in the recent past.

Ok thats my rant on that..

Vista sucks! The 2D graphics performance is unacceptably slow.

Microsoft is going to stop selling XP a few months later, we all have no choice but to use vista.

Most all cards and software not all but most that has been on the market more than 6 months does not work with vista. If this is older card and software you must use xp. Vista is a very differant system and software and hardware are not supported. Microsoft office 2000 does not work well with vista and is not supported for tech support.