77201_1.jpg

how would you wire a camera like this for the rs485? is there a place that sells plugs that you would wire and plug into the camera? those 4 pins for the rs485, do they simply push in and lock, kinda like a speaker terminal? still trying to learn what i can from here. thanks for any input.

You should be able to get that from any CCTV dealer.

They come with some cameras when purchased new.

Dont know whether youve sorted it yet but we wired one of these not long ago. we use a rs 232 to rs-485 adapter and literally connected both the positive to the one terminal and both the negative to the other terminal then literally plugged it in to the back of the PC and controlled it through the dvr cards software. it seems to work fine i believe the camera you've pictured is the same one we have been using.

Dont know whether youve sorted it yet but we wired one of these not long ago. we use a rs 232 to rs-485 adapter and literally connected both the positive to the one terminal and both the negative to the other terminal then literally plugged it in to the back of the PC and controlled it through the dvr cards software. it seems to work fine i believe the camera you've pictured is the same one we have been using.

It's the 210z4, great camera in my opinion!

Especially with the auto-focus, and other capabilities.

Below is a picture of how I made the connection on the rear of mine.

Goodluck!

PICT0002.JPG.432094b8ee40c28b82ae389119f8fdac.JPG