TMJALARMSNATE

Client robbed night after install, police unable to use...

QUIT! Come work for me. $100 is a complete and total joke. Find a better job for sure.

1400 dollar system is cheap regardless of any system you put it.

The cost to be in business alone shoudl make your cost of installing systems way more than that.

The absolute cheapest 4 camera system i ever sold was no less than $6,500.00.

And looking back on it I should have either charged more for that one or said forget it in general.

The cost to be in business alone shoudl make your cost of installing systems way more than that.

And looking back on it I should have either charged more for that one or said forget it in general.

But, isn't the competition in this business fierce???

Regards,

Ronald

yes business is extremely fierce. And there are a lot of companies that provide very cheap or the marketing term "affordable" systems.

You have to keep in mind that people dont have a problem paying good money for stuff that they see the VALUE in. Keyword VALUE.

If they dont think its worth their money then they most definitely wont buy it.

So there are two options.

1) you can propose the cheap systems and hope you’re the bid is the lowest.

2) you can stand out from everyone else and provide the SOLUTIONS that are effective.

Back when I owned my company one of the first things I used to say the very first conversation I would have with people was that I was going to be most likely twice as expensive as everyone else.

There is a HUGE market for cheap system. However there is also a HUGE market for expensive and EFFECTIVE systems that do the job.

People have a need. They request bids from companies. If no company shows that their product is a real solution that meets the customers needs then the customer will choose the lowest bid. Why not? All the company's at that point are selling the same thing. So the cheapest system would be the thing to do.

However if you have a need and buy a product that does not meet the need, what is it worth?

You see people pay for things that meet their needs.

To sum it.

You provide an effective solution and show the client that what you provide fulfills the customer’s needs. You will have no problem selling systems!

Edited by Guest

But, isn't the competition in this business fierce???

Regards,

Ronald

There is enough idiots like tmj alarms that we that do it right can charge significantly more.

Cause they know it will actually work right.

It's not fully my fault though

having plain clothes sales reps going door to door and coming to installs with a ladder strapped to a beat up saturn is not my idea of professionalism.

i have always, and will always do whatever is in my power to install a quality system regardless of system limitations.

i sometimes go to clients in my free time to fix systems and offer advice at no charge just case i feel bad