able1

rg59 max distance

sir is the cable not be prone to attacks from rodents? do we need to put the cable inside flexible hose? or suspending the cable above the ceiling would do?

One of the most consistant problems I encounter with cat 5/6 installations. I am yet to see rodent damage to coax enough to cause problems. Of course where you are you may have "super" rodents

I have a bunch of cameras that are over 1,000 feet away. UTP cable with a passive balun at the camera, and an active balun at the head end. Works great.

Thanks for the input... what do you do about the power? Every balun I have come across limits the power to ~300 feet.

No they don't. 330'/100m is a spec limitation on *ethernet* over UTP. It has no bearing on analog video or power. Your distance for power is limited by camera current draw, supply voltage, and number of pairs used, and can actually be quite substantial.

sir is the cable not be prone to attacks from rodents? do we need to put the cable inside flexible hose? or suspending the cable above the ceiling would do?

One of the most consistant problems I encounter with cat 5/6 installations. I am yet to see rodent damage to coax enough to cause problems. Of course where you are you may have "super" rodents

I've seen cameras with rodent damage: the little thin coax coming out of the cameras, the power wires, and the interconnecting wires inside a dome camera. We ended up building little wire cages for the back of the cameras and hanging the wire up off the T-bar, and where it did have to lay on a surface, we ran it through BX armor.

And yes, it's more difficult for them to do enough damage to the coax to cause a problem... pretty easy to chew through one side of an 18/2 to kill power to the camera, though.