Sign in to follow this  
crazythunder

returning my dvr dmproview1209

well, after about four hours of trying to setup the network software, i give up. i had no trouble setting up the dvr to access from internet explorer. i was trying to set up the client software to send motion detect pictures to my email. you need to install a piece of software called enview. you also need to signup for their own ddns service at dvr.enview.net. i would have liked to be able to pick my own service. i tried using my dyndns account, but it would not connect. i've been using dyndns for sometime now. no matter what i did, the software kept saying network was disconnected. one other person on their so called forum, which has no responses, had the same issue. what good is the dvr if i can't get pics sent to my mail? someone could rob it and i'd have no proof. i liked everything else about the dvr. but i'm not struggling with that cheap software anymore. i'm calling monday for an rma number. the site says expect 2 billing cycles to refund money to credit card. is this normal? or do you think i should take it up with my bank if not refunded within a shorter amount of time? i'd get store credit, but it looks like all their dvr's use similar software. now i'm a little pissed. my only worry now is getting my cash back. oh yea, the remote was garbage as well. ended up using the front buttons on the dvr.