Hi all.

Can anyone recommend a simple IP based, external cam.

It is going to be mounted at the top of a 3 story hotel, on the sea front, looking out to sea.

I would like potential customers to be able to watch the live feed from the hotel website without having to install any silly activeX controls or the like.

I have a server based in a data centre so could send the video from the cam to that and distribute from there.

Any ideas or recommendations are appreciated.

Matt.

a cheap or simple cam will give a crappy picture you will need something like an AXIS or arecont running at least megapixel or more with a simple jpeg that auto updates [http refresh] every X seconds on the page

z

a cheap or simple cam will give a crappy picture you will need something like an AXIS or arecont running at least megapixel or more with a simple jpeg that auto updates [http refresh] every X seconds on the page

z

QFT... Running a cheap camera you're not going to want to give them access to it! You'll want to get something worth your time and definitely something worth your money! Either AXIS or I've been using Vivotek (soon to change) and have had great results out of both.

On top of a hotel you say? Make sure it's weatherproof!

I'd look at modulating this camera into your hotel channel line up so that guests can view it via cable system. Some IP PTZ's have a RG connection.

I would NOT allow guests to control the PTZ. I'd setup presets and then put the PTZ on patrol. That way your WEB viewers would get a tour via the PTZ vice leaving it pointed into space..........

and, if you were a strip club I'd install it for free