Daryl733

Panasonic IP Camera with Video Analytics ?

Panasonic IP Camera with Video Analytics ?

I've a customer that's telling me Panasonic's IP Camera have build in Video Analytics. Can anyone verify with me on that ?

What i want to do is to detect illegal parking in an area where there's also pedestrain traffice, vegetation, and send out alert.

Panasonic has a new MPEG-4/JPEG video encoder with video analytics, but I haven't seen a camera with the built in analytics.

78383_1.jpg

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?displayTab=O&storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=221687&catGroupId=14770&surfModel=WJ-NT314

If your looking for a camera with built in analytics, check out www.videoiq.net

Hi Daryl,

For the scenario you are describing, I recommend testing whatever analytic you are planning to use.

If you have pedestrian traffic and vegetation (plus I assume you will have lighting issues during certain times of the day, sun up, sun down, etc), you may get a huge number of false alerts.

Panasonic is not considered to be at the forefront of making robust analytic systems so I would be especially concerned on a product by Panasonic.

Best,

John

That's what i had advised the customer.

e.g. 1 false alert per hr per camera. For 150 Cameras, that'll be 150 false alert per hour, abt 2.5 per min, that's like 1 every 24 secs.

How to leave it unmonitored in this case ?

Anyway, anyone has experience in this ?

http://www.ioimage.com

Hi Daryl,

I do have experience with IoImage.

It's good but expensive. It also generally needs tuning but the amount and level of tuning can be reasonably done by a local tech.

IoImage makes encoders and cameras. Both are quite expensive and can easily run you a $1k to $2k USD premium over more basic analytics like those from Panasonic. However, this is certainly a case of you get what you pay for.

The only question is: is it worth paying the extra few thousand per camera for your needs?

Best,

John