simo923

PTZ Camera setup with GV-Net Card

I have finished designing my system for 64 vid/aud and it has been accepted by the guys with the money. It will be running 4 servers each with GV1480 and GV Net Card.

Now, just running through the install in my head and i cam up with a question, which i am sure i can get past not a problem, but wanted your input. Always a wealth of information here.

4 Servers, each with GV Net Card. Ops using CMS to view all 64 cams. 26 of which are PTZ Domes.

What would be the best way to hook them up. Do i split them into 4 groups and have them shared over the 4 servers, or can i hook up the cameras PTZ cable to multiple machines in case 1 goes down (ie, Camera 2 hooked upto sever 1 and 2 incase server 1 goes down 2 takes over).

In fact now i have written it down it looks like a bigger issue than i first thought.

Thanks for the reply. There are 26 cameras so i will have to hook them up to two machines. Now there will be 5 computers all controlling these. Is it first come first served? Can 5 computers even use them all? i.e GV Net Card 1, address 1 is being used by comp 1. GV Net Card 1, address 6 is being used by comp 2. Still have tried this yet....will be able to next week.

I think that your best bet will be to divided them to the 2 main machines, and have the other 3 machines viewing the PTZs through the control management.