RyanR

Alternative software

It seems most people on this forum actually likes the geovision user software. I got to be honest. I think it stinks. Live view is ok. The pictures are great. Playback is horrible in my opinion. We sell DVR's and our customers love simple. I can't find a software that has the quality in the playback that geo does, however, the user interface is not friendly. I really like the user interface of the eyemax 9240 and such, but the record quality is poor. Does anyone know of a software for the Geovision cards that is more user friendly? Also, geovision requires too many ports in the router and too many different softwares. I am used to DVRs that have 1 port that is easily changed and 1 software for remote viewing and playback that works great and looks identical to the DVR itself. Is there such a animal for geovision. I have messed with version 6.11 - 8.2. I use mainly the GV650 and GV800 cards. Any help would be much appreciated. I don't mind paying for the Geo cards and even paying someone else for better software for them.

Thanks in advanced, Ryan

I really didn't think it got any easier to use than Geovision? My custys love how intuitive the GUI's are. I set them up with both RPB and Multicam desktop icons and with a couple of mouse clicks they are watching "live" or archived video in a matter of moments with no problems. I have not had any complaints from the end user in five years with Geovision.

If you can setup one port forward properly - forwarding more ports shouldn't be any problem.

You already mentioned the great video quality. Ditto.

the only down side is GV for us is the too many ports that needs to be open. IIRC we managed to narrow it for 5 ports total for the really needed features. anyhow, a netgear router is on the shopping list of each install we do for easy ports management.

maybe give Avermedia a try. they are much more user friendly IMHO, same video quality and a signle port to open. but no one beats GV with features.

Thanks for the reply. I have used the avermedia and it seems ok. I really wish the remote software would look and work just like it does sitting in from of the DVR. I don't understand why these big companies can't do this, but the little companies can do it just fine. Why force a customer to learn 2 or more softwares? If there are the same, you teach them 1 and they know them all. I guess I was really expecting alot more out of geovision due to its price. I guess that more expensive does not always mean better.