Bob blackbird

Cameras for a coolroom

Hi all

I have a customer looking to install cameras in meat freezers/coolrooms.

The temperature in these is in the vicinity of -30C.

Does anybody know of a decent camera with heating that would be able to withstand these conditions.

Check out the Honeywell/Silent Witness V60A "Arctic Night" camera.

http://www.honeywellvideo.com/products/mobile/ca/37788.html

"The V60N Night Hawk and V60A Arctic Night shed new light on surveillance with long lasting quality and an uncompromised picture. The V60N and V60A cameras are designed to be installed in situations where picture quality might be compromised due to low light levels. The built-in infrared illuminators allow the camera to see in complete darkness up to 40 feet (12m) depending on lens*.

The V60N and V60A are effective in complete darkness with zero lux imaging. The V60A Arctic Night features an internal heater for operation in extreme cold temperatures as low as -50°F (-46°C).

...the V60A is ideal for extreme temperature environments including iceboxes and non temperature-controlled storage facilities."

Ones American and the other is Canadian .. but still should have distributors in your country. Also if its just a fridge, some bullet cameras would hold up (cant say for how long though), the following one I found in a Gas Station Cooler down here, where all the juices and pepsis are placed, seems its been there for a couple years, and it still works Its cheap though, but just using it as an example as you would probably want something with better quality. Water is even dripping off it .. I was surprised it was still working, and I wasnt going to try to open it either as it seems to be sealed pretty well

http://www.eclipsecctv.com/ECL-596_security_camera.html

Thanks Rory

There are already some cameras installed in these fridges but they are just a huge blob of ice. I need something really hardy for this location as it is just a huge freezer and we need something like 30 cameras in one freezer alone. Its a public holiday here so I will contact Bosch re the extreme cameras on Monday and it would seem like there is a Sydney phone number on the Honywell site under Asia contacts so I will give that number a call also.

It will be an interesting installation to say the least, can only work for 20 minss in the freezers at a time and only then when wearing special clothing. Not particularly used to or fond of cold, you would appreciate that Rory.

LOL yeah I was freezing just being in the fridge for a couple minutes ..

A freezer? they gotta pay me good

On that subject, going to switch on the A/C right now..