Robocam

Kalatel dvmre 10-ct-320 ethernet settings

I set the ethernet to enable and dhcp but cannot get the ethernet connection working. any help with the ethernet settings would be helpful. thanks

what are you using? Router, type of router? Static IP address? If using a Router what is the Internal IP range?

this is how I do it, disable the DHCP, enter an IP address, Subnet Mask and Gateway, the IP will have to be, either a Static IP from your ISP if connected direct to a modem, or, an IP in the range of your router. EG. 192.168.1.110. You can check your Router's IP range by going to command prompt, type in IPConfig, or go into the router in IE. Gateway and Subnet Mask will also be there. If your computer is say 192.168.1.08 then the range is probably 1-50, and so you would have to make it a number in that range. Same goes for if it is 192.168.2.1 instead it would be 192.168.2.110 or whatwaver the end range is.

Now this is important when using a router for Remote Video, in the router set up, goto advanced and forwarding if using a Linksis Router. Add a new application, call it DVR or whatever, Ports are 1024 -to- 1024, Tick TCP, Enter the IP you entered into the DVR, Click Enabled. In Setup, enter the Static IP, Subnet and Gateway that your ISP will give you.

Thats it. Then in WaveReader you will connect to that IP locally, and if remotely, you can connect to your Static IP, or if you are using a Laptop that comes and goes from the local location to a remote location, you can simply use the Static IP all the time.

Rory, once again, thanks for the feedback. I did discover the proper IP address in one of the kalatel sys info menus. It appeared to change when I changed some ethernet settings. Once I found the real IP address, I am able to use WaveVue pro and Wavelet. One other thing. The manual says something about connecting to wavebrowser via an Internet Explorer access by putting my IP into the address line. I have not been able to get this to work. What am I doing wrong??? Thanks

Are you using a Router?

Anyway, if you are using a router, it will not connect Remoltely using IE.

At least I have tried everything from port forwarding port 80 in the router settings to the appropriate internal IP, to port triggering, and it would not work. Thats where my Browser based software comes in handy However im not sure the current version works with windows XP Ill have to load XP on a seperat partition to test it, it used to but I checked recently on another computer with XP and nothing.

Locally however, if using it the way I listed before and then port forwarding as a seperate application Port 80 to the internal IP, it WIlLL work. In other words, if using a router, and connecting with IE locally, it will load the DVR web server no problem but you must add forwarding to port 80.

Rory

Thanks Rory. You have been extremely helpful. One other question. I installed my kalatel and sony ssccd43v cameras yesterday but i am getting some faint rolling line patterns from bottom to top of screen on all of my cameras and on my main monitor and when I see it on my computer. Can this be fixed somehow? thanks

Are they all powered from the same source, also, are they 24VAC or 12VDC.

Also, plug each one of them into a TV just to make sure it is not the DVR.

Rory

they are all 12vdc and they are the dvr is plugged by svideo cable into hd tv monitor and I also have a 21 inch dell flat panel monitor for my computer and whether i look at my ethernet view or my hd tv i see the rolling pattern from bottom to top of my screen. i googled and someone said this may be power supply issue. just bought a brand new $157 CPI model ps-16dc power supply from pro security warehouse. i will try one camera powered by a small 12volt adapter directly in to my hdtv to see if i see this pattern. thanks

i plugged in my camera directly into tv and dont see any rolling lines. could this be the power source. paid $157 for this. when i first started it i hear a loud pop but then plugged in again and worked fine. just thought this was just a starting problem with new device. should i send this back and get an altronix or something. this one is a brand that is not really quoted much. thanks

Plug it baack into the DVR but dont use the Multiple Power Supply, just connect 1 camera at a time with the single transformer, see what each of them does.

Rory

rory, i just disconnected the cpi piece of crap and used a 12v dc 500ma power adapter from radio shack and perfect picture and no bars. so it is not the wiring or the kalatel or the camera......why does pro security warehouse sell such crap and cost me a fortune in time and shipping.....what would be the problem with just getting 8 inexpensive 12v dc 500 ma adapters and use these???? any problems with this method? thanks

Wont be any problem doing it that way also, just means a few of those power strips. The mulitple power suppy is mostly cosmetic, but also comes with fuses for extra protection, plus you can ground it. I only ever use Altronix for any power supplies i install, never had a problem with them yet.

Quite a few 12VDC jobs i have just used the power supplies that came with the cameras or I have a bunch lying around always available.

In fact we just used a Large Radio Power Supply for the job I just did, didnt want to use it but had no choice it was someone elses job and they forgot to order the power supplies.

Rory

thanks again Rory for all the help. i think this power supply was crap. does not have any internet site and i will send it back tommorrow. i just did not not if there was a camera "synching" problem with individual ac adapters. thanks