anchorjoe

Merit Lilin PIH-7000NL and GeoVision

Hi everyone. I am hoping to get a quick answer on this question. Does anyone know if the Merit Lilin PIH-7000NL PTZ camera will work with the Pelco-D protocol settings. I recently got three of these as replacements for a clients project I am working on, and low and behold the manual doesn't indicate which protocol to use. I am really hoping this is the case since one system on my clients site currently has a Nuvico PTZ that is setup for the Pelco D protocol and I am hoping I can just add this second PTZ to the system and have the camera ID address control which one moves and such..

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide...

This is all I can find on this unit.

'Compatible with Geovision DVR'

'•PIH-7000SP Protocol Converter: when different

control keyboards are used to control Li-Lin's Fast

Dome camera, this converter must be used to

convert the protocol'

'PC telemetry remote controls fast dome with standard RS-485 data format (format: N, 8, 1

Baud Rate 9600 bps). The PC control port RS-232 is converted to RS-485 format by interface.'

I would use Pelco D and set the com port settings as discribed.

Oh, your answer is a godsend. That is what I was hoping the answer would be. I circled this answer with my supplier and they told me that it needed its own control interface. The problem I would have is I have three separate systems running and on one system there is a Nuvico setup with the Pelco-D protocol and working fine. So, after hearing back from my supplier and not liking the answer, I thought Iwould turn to this forum for more expert advice.

I now have more confidence that these camera's will be OK with the Pelco-D protocol. I will run with this advice today when I install the units. Thanks again for the insight...

I don't guarantee this because i have neve used or tested sny of the cameras.

If you have three units you may want to try and set it up on one that dosen't have any PTZ cams setup as yet.

I hope it works out for you.

Report your findings.