cjmagm

PTZ to Fixed camera changeover

Hello everyone,

I need some advice?

1. Currently have 13 Spectras (3's and 4's) Cameras are outside and cover parking and plant entrances. Having issues seeing everything with the PTZ. (not in the right spot at the right time)

2. Currently am persuing options of 3 fixed cameras in place of each PTZ.(Have never used anything except PTZ, looking for a good fixed camera replacement that is the bullet style).

I am not a professional with cctv, I just install and maintain the cameras for my plant. We currently are using the Pelco DX8100DVR to record the cameras now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,Craig

Budget really isnt a problem. (ADM has deep pockets!!!)

Right now you can do digital PTZ but the cost will be pretty high.

Digital PTZ is a camera that has multiple imagers pointing in multiple directions. So in essence you are capturing the entire field of view all the time but can be rendered as a single NTSC feed that you pan tilt and zoom through after the fact. However all of the video is captured you are mearly displaying only certain pieces at a time.

IF

You retrofit wiring costs are high enough this may be something to consider.

Sounds interesting the whole digital PTZ, I am going to look into it. Any suggestions.

Thanks

I've tested a wireless relay connected to the io of the dvr that commands the ptz presets when motion or magnetic contacts are tripped. ie. motion at gate, ptz moves to gate preset to capture event. door contact tripped, ptz preset moves to capture event.

it's all wireless relays with battery on the sensors................

What type of range does the wireless relays have, I dont think it would work for most of my situations but it would for an inside warehouse area that I have only one PTZ in. Thanks for the info.

Has anyone seen a multiple imager that can take temps of -10 to +100 Im from Central Illinois.

Does the Pelco DX8100 support Arecont cameras? Does it even support IP cameras?

Even if it does, I would be cautious about using megapixel cameras with a Pelco DVR. You would need a massive storage increase to handle these cameras.

I think using 3 fixed analog cameras will be a fine solution, likely meeting the security objectives at a reasonable cost.

from what i saw at the iscwest show avigilon mexapixel cams would be a good solution but you will need to dump the pelco dvr and go with avigilons nvr and run new cat5e to each camera - wont be cheap...

The Pelco will not work work with IP cameras. I think I will stick with the fixed for now.

I have another project in another plant, 4 fixed cameras at certain outside loading areas. I was thinking of the Extreme CCTV fixed bullets : WZ18NV3120/and the WZ20NXV5500 series. Just curious if any of you guys had used these and how well did they hold up in cold to hot climates?

I noticed they had external control for zoom.(my fault,external means manual,and if we use these I might need some of your guys expertise).

Does speco make a decent dvr. that was what this plant budgeted for : Speco Technologies #DVR8TN160. 1200.00$(beats the 11,000 we spent on the 3terabyte pelco dvr for the main plant)

I have two responsibilities at work 1-oversee maintenance of plant packaging equipment. 2- oversee the plant cctv systems (which I have limited experience with just installing pelco PTZ's for 8 years and maintaining them, so my experience is limited with cctv systems so bare with me.

in my limited experience with speco the dvr is not good in video quality/frame rate or reliability but a 1200 price point is hard to find any dvr that will fair well

The pelco dvr has 16 plus a 16 channel expansion. I also got a quote for a panasonic that was about 2300 dollars :WJRT208250 I know of panasonics PTZ's and I have heard decent things about them but havent heard alot about the dvr's.

So guys, does any one have anything bad to say about the Extreme fixed cams or does someone have an argument for a better fixed bullet camera that has good IR as well or are they all the same??