Aron2roy

Need help with NV5000 extensions

I have 3 video extension cables for the nv5000 and I can not get any video to work with any of them. I'm on version 7.3 of software, it shows 16 cameras as available, but none of the cameras will work on those ports. Do the extensions show up as hardware in device manager? Because currently there are only 4 video and 4 audio devices available there. I'm on windows xp pro. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

To answer my own question after speaking with avermedia support, only 4 devices will show up in hardware manager because that is all that is plugged into pci slot.

Tried another computer with same results. On the other computer, I only plugged in 1 extension and only 8 cameras were available on the software, so the extensions are being recognized correctly. Yet still no video.

Spoke with person I bought card from and they said if the 4 main cameras are working then the card is fine. Doesn't seem to be what the guy at avermedia thought. Any opinions on this? Thanks.

Older cards you may need to plug it into the 2nd port but if that were the case it would not allow cameras 5-8.

In setup>cameras I assume you have checked the enabled box?

If both were the case I would RMA the video expander as that would also cover defects in the ribbon cable.

Paying a little more may get you things like 100% inspections where I would have caught this before it shipped.

I fixed it. The video card extensions were shipped to me already connected with the wires. Well they were connected wrong. I just reversed the connections and they worked. It wasn't real obvious on the cables, so I don't fell too dumb. Just glad I got it working.