si_kungs

Rubber tire Gantry CCTV design

two camera will be mounted on one side of the equipment and the monitor will be on the moving cabin above. what cables do i need to use? is using a single coax for power and cable advisable( using capacitor to block AC signal for camera and use inductor to block DC signal from power supply?

80662_1.jpg

I would suggest powering the cameras separately from the video to the cab. Then the only cables that will flex as the cab moves would be the video. Use stranded RG-59 or equivalent for the video and make certain the cables are run properly. Alternatively, you could use any spare "pairs" in the control and communication cables for the cab with baluns at each end. Be careful if there are power cables in the same bunch.

You know some wireless might be worthwhile, as you could have inexpensive laptops in the cabs. Just run IP cams and put an bridge on each machine. Then the boss man can also watch from the office assuming they stay in basically the same areas all day.

Otherwise I'm with survtech.

also, first make sure they are paying ALOT of money and have good insurance, before you go way up there!

You know some wireless might be worthwhile, as you could have inexpensive laptops in the cabs. Just run IP cams and put an bridge on each machine. Then the boss man can also watch from the office assuming they stay in basically the same areas all day.

Otherwise I'm with survtech.

since there are many rubber tire gantry in the area. all of them will carry an ap and laptop. will there be an issue regarding the frequency? sir the cabin is may be around 7 storeys high. if the container yard is full, the height of the container will be 5 stack pile and width is i think around 6 containers . will it block the signal from the ap above when the cabin shifts to the other side?

also can the wifi laptop connect ad-hoc to wireless ip camera? haven't tried this yet

also, first make sure they are paying ALOT of money and have good insurance, before you go way up there!

thanks for the advise. need to be very careful when installing in high places