Sign in to follow this  
gasman

cash register text

I did not know where to put this so I put in this forum. If this is not correct please move it.

I am looking for a text overlay system for my ruby supersystem. The kind that shows what is being rung up. I got 2 registers I need to see. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info. Have you used these before and if yes, about how much would this cost for two registers. Their site doesnt seem to list prices.

Id like to get an idea before contacting them.

I used to sell these when I had a distributing company and they are excellent quality although not inexpensive. Pricing depends on whether you are a dealer or end user. You can get a list of suppliers from the manufacturer. They will work with DVRs also which is nice in case you decide to upgrade in the future.

You can get text overlay boxes cheap howver Geovision and many others include it in the latest software release they have at no cost!

Howver some Text overlay box's allow for triggered motion, like a faster recording on "No Sale" Transactions, text overlay should be cheap as it is very simple, the things to look for are systems that allow to move the text on the screen to where you want it or have transparent text, also some allow for dumping a log of transactions to the PC for reference but check that the text box you buy allows for the protocol that your register uses.

You can get text overlay boxes cheap howver Geovision and many others include it in the latest software release they have at no cost!

Which version of the GeoVision software because I may have the need for this ability too. Would I have to buy one of the addons to make it work?.

I tis not released to the market, I only have a Beta version for testing here yet, It is due to be released in December. As with most manufactorers PAL (because smaller) is used as a testing ground so when you get Version 6 be carefull to test for bugs first.

I would assume it is not an add onn but included as per usual with Geo, however the database file would require the protocol of the register so it may only support a few registers at this stage.