Sign in to follow this  
crazythunder

distributor wanted for my dvr

here goes. i've already returned 2 dvr's.one was a dmproview and the other was a cctv star 924i. both dvr's were decent for my price range-$1.300-$1.500. they were both mpeg4 dvr's. both did 240fps on all 8 channels. first dvr would not send motion images to email, even though it was stated as a feature. second one gave me same trouble. the 924i would record on motion and from my sensor, but would not send email images. it was setup properly because i did get email notification on ip change. this is a very important feature to me. i assumed it would be for all users, seeing as how if someone broke in and stole my dvr, i'd have absolutely no evidence. my insurance would cover it, but i'd like to catch the jerk, ya know?

so....here's what i need. no avtech\cpcam please. i've read too many issues with network. 8-9 channel dvr that sends motion detect images to email accounts- preferably in the $1300.00 price range. dual codec and 60 or 120 IPS Recording Speed @ 720 x 240 and 240 fps total recording preferred. i know they are out there, maybe minus the email feature, because i've seen em online. i just can't find any others that send motion images. i'd even go for pc based instead of standalone if someone could convince me it would be worth it. but most of the pc based dvr's that i've seen have geovision cards that only do 30 fps in my price range. i've seen linux based ones on ebay that claim to do what i need close to my budget. remote viewing and motion detect images to email is a must for me. i know i'm going to get responses about my budget, but i know what i'm after is possible. i'm not a chain store that can afford $20.000 panasonic models, although i do drool at them alot.

i've been a member here for only a couple of months. and i'd rather give someone out here a chance first before going elsewhere. i was looking at the intellicam models, but email function is not available ,yet, as i've been told it might be a firmware upgrade in the future. but i'm not guaranteed that.

here's a quote i got from an ebayer---Description: 16 CH,(I ONLY NEED 8 OR 9) 240FPS Display, 240FPS Recording

500 GB HDD WINDOWS PRO,DVD/CD RW,DUAL CORE PROCESSOR,

1 GB DDR 2 RAM,

NO MONITOR

FOR $1300.00 PLUS SHIPPING AND TAX

Features:

16 CH

240 FPS Display

240 FPS Recording

Sound recording and support for two-way voice communication

Specification

Features

Compression MJPEG, MPEG

Resolution NTSC - 352x240, 704x240, 704x480 PAL - 352x288, 704x288, 704x576

Sensor I/O 16 sets input 32 sets input

Sound Inputs 2 Sound recording and support for two-way voice communication

Display Speed 240FPS Live Time Live Time 240 FPS 480 FPS

Recording Speed 240FPS 120FPS 240 FPS 240 FPS 480 FPS

Recording Mode Watch, Normal, Motion Detection, Sensor, Scheduled Recording

Compressor MPEG, Motion JPEG

Split Screen Full Screen, 4, 9, 16 and auto switch Full Screen, 4, 9, 16, 33 and auto switch

Video Output 1 PC Monitor, 1 set TV-OUT

Relay Output 4 sets (NO/NC)

Display Adjustment Brightness/Contrast/Saturation/Color/Tint

Motion Detection Sensitivity and detection zone adjustable by each camera

File Backup Manual or programmed automatic backup schedule supporting HDD, DVD, CD-RW, RAID and remote backup

PTZ Function Through RS-232 interface

Self Restoration Auto rebooting by adopting Watchdog

Remote Transfer Via LAN, Internet, or PSTN Lines

Remote Function Access to 36 DVR by client software

Support web page

PDA View(option)

Networking LAN, WAN, PSTN, ISDN

Access safety Three level password protection

Max. of cards/system 1 PCS 1 PCS 1 PCS 1 PCS 1 PCS

i'm not saying i expect any dealers out here to beat it. but if anyone can come close to supplying me with a dvr with similar specs and close price, i'd rather spend my money here. i have a windows smartphone which can display attachments\pictures in my email. this is one of the reasons it's so important to me. i could get notified at work if there was motion on my property or in my home.

thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my long winded babbling. peace