southcraven

Geovision Home CCTV; remote control viewing

I plan an eight camera system (incl. 3 PTZ), running on one computer with GV card and Net card. The computer will be in one room and I want to see the images elsewhere. I though about muliplexers, or video out via a booster, etc. But my main stubling block is control of the system, without resorting to computers in a LAN.

Geovision supplies hand held remotes, but the computer interface is USB, and cable length is limited due to signal loss. If the maximum USB cable length is exceeded are there other alternatives? Also can more than one remote be connected to the computer?

You can get USB over CAT5 extenders. These allow you to run up to 100M

We use them regularly.

There is a VGA / Keyboard / Mouse. cat 5 extender available , you use 2x cat 5 cables up to 100 M. Its like sitting in front of your computer.

Is this what you mean James ?

Dominic

Thanks guys.\\

James planning a visit to UK in October......but would like to order the CAT5 extenders before then, could you send details (website) where you buy them.

Thanks

Sorry forgot to ask.......

Is there any reason why the Geovision software would not accept inputs from two remotes? I mean the remote receiver which is interfaced via USB ports. Obviously not in use at same time.

Sorry forgot to ask.......

Is there any reason why the Geovision software would not accept inputs from two remotes? I mean the remote receiver which is interfaced via USB ports. Obviously not in use at same time.

i havent tried it, but theoretically it should work, as both USB IR Inputs should just work as multiple keyboards. Ive used it without loading any Geovision drivers before, and every button is seen as inputs from a keyboard.

Thanks very much guys, I am very impressed with this board, too much data infact. Unfortunately I'm at work in Central Asia and our internet is a little slow, but I'm going to wade through the board and collect as much information as I can and keep my questions to a minimum.

I would like to be able to post but as a newbie and non-prof I dont think I can help.

Obviously in a couple of months when the system is being installed I'll let you all know how it's going.