jstory

Can you critque my cameras?

http://lonestarlofts.dvrdns.org:8080/

username: admin

password: admin

The connection is slow because its a shared cable line with 20 or more users. The cameras on the pool seemed to be washed out. What can i do to make them clearer? They are ARM box cameras with arm lenses.

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Perhaps you can use a lense over the camera that will give a better picture with the bright light.

This product is unavailable, but it will give you an idea of what I am talking about.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=VF67ND&CategoryName=acc_DIAccessories_DIFilters&DCMP=OVERTUREPI_DF

Photographers have a cover that goes over the lense, and you rotate it till you get the shot that you need. This is used a for when you have to shoot through glass, and you need to eliminate the glare!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarizer

That would be a polarizing filter, no? That would help eliminate the pool reflection and cut down on the light level a bit, but what I see on the umbrella looks like is simply due to the high IR content of the scene. I doubt anything can be done without messing up any night capability. Perhaps the pool cameras could all be zoomed in on specific individual busy areas rather than overviews.

With some of the higher-up cameras at entrances I could see you might have trouble ID'ing a stranger. Some shots where people tend to walk a certain path could be tightened up a bit and lowered if camera security allows. Looks like no. 5 needs a sun shade, at least at 17:17 hr.

As I look outside my window here in NZ at the cold and rain I can only envy the nice Sunday you are having at the pool! I'll check again at night, maybe I'll feel better.

Overall it looks pretty good. Thanks for letting us check out your system!

Thanks for the help guys. A few of the cameras need adjustment especially the one facing the alley. Also there is dirt on one camera that needs to be cleaned.

Might be worth trying to focus some of those at night, assuming they have auto irises and can stop down during the day. The stairwell cam looks correct at night.

Oh that makes sense. Also why are the pool cams not switching to black and white at night?

I would assume because there is still too much light at night. The cam may have an adjustment for this.