3RDIGLBL

Which Geovision Hardware

I am knew to Geovision and currently have an 8 channel 240fps card to play around with.

I unfortunately do not currently have internet at our new office until next week sometime so I have not been able to remotely mess with it. I'm not really sure how to set it up and I'm now seeing that there appears to be a number of ports needed to be forwarded...

Anyhow. I would like to add PTZ and alarm inputs. What additional hardware do I need to do this? GV has a lot of options so I'm a bit overwhelmed until I get to really know this hardware.

Thanks

I would recommend a GV-NET IO card. This will give you an RS285 interface (for use controlling PTZ Cameras) with 4 Alarm Inputs and 4 Alarm Outputs. You can add more Inputs / Outputs at a later date if required.

Thanks for the reply ezCCTV.

Is there a place where most of you buy your sensors that hook up with the GV cards? I'm looking for sensors like magnetic contacts, motion sensors etc...I'm not sure what works best....are they all created equal?

Thanks

Dear 3RD,

Yes, James is right...

There is another option.

If your capture card is OK to use the latest GeoVision software version 8.2. Then you can consider something called GV I/O USB BOX.

This device supports 16 inputs and 16 outoputs.

In addition, it supports RS485 connection for PTZ cameras.

You can simply attach this device to a DVR by using USB interface.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 extension 287

Thanks Andy,

Yes my card is using the 8.2 software currently. I only need one input right now so I think James' suggestion would be ok but it is great knowing I have the expansion option.