icu

CAMERA PROBLEM

Hello,

I just installed 4 x ProVideo 1700W with an Everfocus EDSR400HE for a client. The problem is that one of the cameras occaisionally flickers (i.e. bright white light). The camera is powered locally (so I do not think it is a power issue). The wire used is 95% copper. Is it the termination? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

ICU

If splicing is not a major issue, try switching it with another camera and see what happens, if the same location still does it, switch power supplies, see if it still does it or if the other location is doing it now.

First though, redo your connections making sure the BNC connectors (stranded part) are grounded properly, and also, switch the connections on the DVR to be sure its not a bad input, or plug it direct into a TV or Monitor.

Cable could be run over or near some high voltage, could be something in the image that can be causing the issue so would mean readjusting the direction of the camera, could be a bad camera or power supply issue.

Rory

Thanks for the reply Rory...

The problem seems to be caused by the position of the camera and an abundance of sunlight (noticed that I did not have the problem @ night...only during the day). I can't reposition the camera because the client likes the shot and does not want it changed. The camera has a sunshade but it does not extend down enough. Thinking about sticking a piece of cardboard there to block out the sun...what do u think rory?