3RDIGLBL

Web Server problems

I got a GV 1240 and I'm running the 8.2 software that came with it. I periodically lose the webserver functionality almost like it gets locked up and stops working yet I can't stop it.

This morning I power up my system because it powered off last night due to power failure. It seemed to come up fine and it showed WEB and CCS on the right hand side but I could not log into it.

I went to the web server option under the network settings and tried to de-select the web server but it would not turn off. I could not stop it at all. I even went into configuration and removed the check mark for the webserver and saved the settings. Yet it was still showing WEB CCS I could not stop the service.

I closed the application and restarted it and it still would not stop I had to reboot my computer in order to stop the service. It has hung twice on me like this in two days and I'm not sure what is causing it. Right now it is working just fine and I can log in remotely without issue but I'm sure it will happen again where it will hang.

I have a Intel Dual Core Gigabyte self build Computer with 2G of memory.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dear 3rdiglbl,

That's weird...

I haven't heard this issue from my customers...

Any error messages pop up at the time?

Well, just for your information...

When you went to configure icon >> system configure >> then uncheck an option called " Webcam Server ". You need to restart GeoVision software in order to apply the setting. Just simply uncheck " Webcam Server " under System Configuration Windows.. This would not work..

Next time when this happens...

Double check your router....Network connection...

Check any error messages generated...

Thank you.

Sincerely,

-----------------------------------------

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 extension 287

he is right I have this as well.

Webcam locks after a couple of weeks (vista). It does not lock if you have a webcam session open all the time (using internet explorer).

If you do not have it open it will lock. Only thing you can do is restart.

Workaround: set the enable restart option and set at 2 weeks or install on XP.

Had this now several times and did not post yet because It could be a combination of things (Vista, PC, router, etc ...). But looks a like a bug.

I have customers running 8.2 on XP and they do not seem to have this problem ....

I realized that I failed to mention my system is running XP. It's run a full day so far with no hickup. I had to power the system off last night for a couple days due to construction in our office but I will have it backup and running shortly.

Thanks for the replies. When it happens again I will list what I tried to do before rebooting.

Sounds like you are having the same issue I am though with the exception of two separate operating systems.