vettemaster

1304 net network problems

I am having a tough time getting my eb1304net connected thru the internet. The unit works very well, I have had no issues until I wanted to connect it online.

The unit will give me a DHCP IP address, that actually worked a couple of times. I brought up the interface, and the cameras via an internet connected laptop. Other than working a few short times, it will not connect at all. One of the last things that I noticed when it worked was a little network icon on the monitor, beside the clock/date. (The monitor connected directly to the 1304)

Is there a way to reset the 1304, and begin network installation over again? Anyone ever run into something like this?

set your net working to static IP address..ut yoyr gateway in, forward all ports to this IP address........................then try it again.

what type of router sdo you use?

ports to forward; http port, remote config port, and upgrade port.

also update your firmware..........there are 2 sites to download firmware from;

USA site............

[/url]http://www.aver.com[/url]

Overseas site, where you get more current updates.......I don't understand why the USA site is always behind this one but I've found it to be the best place to get yer stuff for Avermedia DVR's & ect.

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/

The router is a linksys, the wireless bridge is also a linksys.

How do I load updated firmware, if I can't get the 1304 online?

I'm not too sure if I can get into the router, to change the settings, but I will give it a whirl.

change the DVR first...set it to a static IP address. then change the linksys.

PM me and I'll give you my phone number, then I can help you via phone and/or you can enable the remote on your linksys and i can change them for you.

update? I can't belive you can't connect.............just need to get the setting right. BUT, you can use a cross over to connect to it direct and that's another way..............easier to setup the network properly first.

I took the 1304 to another location. The location has wireless broadband (fixed wireless) with no router. I diabled the firewall, and tried the static, and DHCP settings on the 1304. Still can't connect to it. Is a router an absolute must with this unit? (I connected the 1304 via a linksys workgroup hub.)

Thanks VST. I will be away on Wednesday. I plan on getting this done the day after. I will shoot you a pm if I can't get it. Thanks for the offer. I will report back either way.

VST

The site is not allowing me to post my full message. I am still locked out of the PM loop. Email sent. Tough to be a board newbie...

Can veiw locally, still can't get in remotely. Changed the 1304 to static, forwarded port 5001 (video) 80 (http) 5005 (upgrade) 389 and 3996-4000 (Not too sure which port is the remote config)

Any other ideas? I am almost there.

I too am having issues with the EB1304net. I went to there site in Taiwan and put in the MAC address, created my domain name, and forwarded my ports on my router and nothing. Do I get an IP or use the domain name I created to access my stuff?

By the way here a .pdf i found on it http://support.apexcctv.com/Downloads/Standalones/Avermedia/EB1304Net/NetworkingGuide_1304Net.pdf

Well, I got it. I had to enable DMZ on the linksys. It seems to be the only way it will connect over the internet. Is the DMZ setting safe?

I did this with a linksys wireless bridge and router a month or so ago .. not that hard in the end. It has to be static, leave the ports all default. You have to set it up on the Router first, make sure that works, check port forwarding, then setup the wireless bridge, thats the fun part

DMZ is not a good thing................fix your linksys port forwarding....

have you updated the linksys with lastest firmware?

I've got several of these out there with linksys routers and they all work fine........no problems. I have had 1 or 2 linksys routers not pass ports no matter what I did but those routers were always older models that my clients wanted to keep around cause the lights still worked.

Heres what I did to make mine work (NO DMZ NEEDED) oh and by the way I have Vonage for my phone which sat in front of my router then handed off access to my router, I moved it behind my firewall:

On the DVR make sure the name you created on the Avers website is in there correctly with the password that you used on the site, not the DVR's password. Small picture but also ensure that the port is 80. The directions say that you have to restart the DVR after you make this change as well. It should look like this:

82962_1.jpg

On your router make sure the "Block anonymous internet requests is disabled" this was my problem..

82962_2.jpg

For the forwarding make sure it looks like this and is being forwarded to the static ip address that you assigned to your DVR:

82962_3.jpg

Hope this fixes your issue..

Instead of setting a static IP address on the DVR, I reserved an IP address on the router associted with the DVRs mac address and set the DVR to DHCP enabled, that way no wireless device can pinch the DVRs IP address.

Also due to having a web server on my network which listens on port 80 I found I couldnt access the 2 DVR's, so the ports had to be changed on both to allow network access. also port forwarding was allowed on the router for the DVRs

Have not updated the linksys yet. I did have the block anon. users tab checked. I unchecked that, forwarded a few more ports 5400 tcp/udh 53 and 1053 as well. Then I moved the linksys 1304 ip out of the dmz, tried to get it remotely, and failed once again. Moved it back to the dmz, and it works fine.

I do not have the DDNS domain name, or password filled out that dopalgangr shows a screen shot of. Is that field needed?

Using the mac address sounds interesting....

Have not updated the linksys yet. I did have the block anon. users tab checked. I unchecked that, forwarded a few more ports 5400 tcp/udh 53 and 1053 as well. Then I moved the linksys 1304 ip out of the dmz, tried to get it remotely, and failed once again. Moved it back to the dmz, and it works fine.

I do not have the DDNS domain name, or password filled out that dopalgangr shows a screen shot of. Is that field needed?

Using the mac address sounds interesting....

You have to use the ddns (unless you have a static ip) because your ip address will keep changing. (this is your public facing IP) PM me your telephone and I can walk you through it.

Went into the ddns settings, and put in the name that I registered into the avermedia site, still nothing. Then I changed the video port settings on the 1304, and port forwarded the same port on the linksys. (Used 80)

Now, I am able to access it remotely without having the DVR in the linksys DMZ.

Thanks to everyone for helping me out.