koolkat

Cant access DVMRe through brower

i own a dvmre-10ct-160...

(below is all trying to do it remotely through the internet)

why is it that when i type in the ip address in firefox it says that the server taking too long to respond? In ie7 it asks me to authenticate and when i click login...it takes too long to respond and times out.

also, when i telnet it it gives me a blank screen.

The unit has been doing this since i bought it...it worked once through the browser, but i was on location connecting to it locally.i haven't tried it again locally tho.

But everything works fine using WaveReader

It might be that the DVR is looking to install Active X, as of yet Firefox does not allow this, if you are using Windows Vista, then you have to run IE as an Administrator to allow ActiveX to install. hope this helps.

PS. have you checked port forwarding in the Router

the DVMREs dont work with firefox or IE7. i have called tech support awhile back for this exact ?. unless they have changed something which i doubt since they are phasing out the DVMRE series. IE6 work with active x

neg. i'm not sure what else might be diffrent but i have called tech. support on this exact subject and does not work with IE7 they dont support it. like they dont support vista

IE7 works fine. However, if you intend to have full control on the programming of this DVR, it is recommended to use GE version of remote client. With IE7 (or even IE6) it will give you mainly view, but no control or change of the system parameters.