sinbad

remote storage of data?

Hi guys/gals,

does anyone knows of a service which will allow the storage of the recorded footage from a DVR on a remote server?

The idea is to keep the recording off site, without having to manage another box elsewhere.

They are called datacenters and they are just about everywhere, however bandwidth and storage limitations will be costly. Not to mention you probably can't stream as fast as you can capture.

Avermedia has this functionality somewhat built in, you can link 2 DVRs or you can build a storage server that captures from many 4 channel systems.

This is one of the bonuses to IP cameras, the DVR and camera need not be in the same country much less building.

If you want to send your files off site you would need to have a DVR with built in FTP ability. Any XP Pro Windows machine can be a FTP server all you need is a static IP address of the FTP Server turn on IIS and the FTP snapin. Then to DVR will send the video to that server at a distant location.

In my last dealer training by iLink Professionals they said they are doing remote storage for iLink as well as AVerMedia DVRs. Right now they are doing for limited clients, but they are getting ready to open it up for anyone who has iLink or AVer DVRs. they just started Video Monitoring company called Virtual Guard Services to do live or event based Live video monitoring for iLink and AVer DVRs. My rep is Sonny look them up. I know AVer support Vivotek IP Mega Pixel camera...