Sign in to follow this  
UAF

Panasonic WJ-ND200 motion detection feature?

Bought a WJ-ND200 NVR under the impression that it supported motion detection. I have covered the manual front to back and browsed through every option, but am unable to come up with any motion detection feature.

Does anyone have any experience with these NVRs that can point me in the right direction for getting motion detection working. I feel like a dolt for not being able to figure this out.

On Panasonics site, under the WJ-ND200 features tab it says MOTION DETECTION yes

If you look at the reference chart on the Panasonic web site:

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?storeId=11201&catalogId=13051&itemId=101553&catGroupId=14463&surfModel=WJ-ND200/240&displayTab=R

It indicates that model WJ-ND200 only supports motion detection

"from camera" instead of just "yes" like the higher end models.

This probably means it takes an alarm input that can trigger recording

that is generated by some cameras. (Some of the cameras listed

in that same reference chart indicate "motion detection" as a feature.)

A PIR output could probably be used as a trigger as well.

I’m not sure if this will help or not? Nevertheless, starting on page 36 of the operating manual they explain how to set up the Event Function (motion detection) which is very similar to the Panasonic WJ-HD 316 series Digital Recorder. I’m not sure if this is exactly what your are talking about but hopefully it will help.

I made a little bit of headway. I fiddled around with the Panasonic Alarm Protocol settings on my cameras (WV-NP244) and was able to get it to trigger the alarm on the NVR (WJ-ND200). It did not initiate recording though.

I'm pretty sure this is the correct procedure for getting the NVR to record from the motion detection on the cameras, but I haven't gotten it all figured out yet. I'll post a solution whenever I get this crap figured out.