I know a number of people on the forum have discussed avigilon during exchanges of megapixel cameras.

I just finished an analysis of Avigilon that you might find useful. Coming in to the review I was very focused on their 16 MP camera, once I finished researching on pricing and functionalities, I have now become convinced that Avigilon is quote attractive for general video surveillance/video management.

You can read the 4 page paper but here is the summary of key advantages/risks:

Advantages Overview

* Reduces Cost of Megapixel Cameras and Storage

* Increases Usability of Viewing and Investigations

* Makes System Integration Simpler

Risks Overview

* Benefits from Avigilon are maximized when using megapixel cameras. If you do not plan to use many megapixel cameras, obviously, Avigilon's business case is reduced.

* Avigilon is not scheduled to support other manufacturer’s IP cameras until early 2009 and it will be limited to only the top selling models.

* Certain advanced video management features are still in development and you will need to verify with Avigilon on these points.

What do you think?

im doing my first avigilon install this week i am very happy with their tech support and i can get a real answer from real people. even as a proprietary system it seems very flexible. my local sales rep and avigilon have worked hard with me to figure out exactly what my customer needs and to make sure that my order wasn't sent until everything was perfect. i believe avigilon will be leading the market in mega pixel cctv as long as they keep up their great work.

Does Avigilon also use licenses for added/ extra features or do you pay for the software one time? Omnivision makes you build their DVR software to your specs. Want 10 cameras connected, buy licenses for it and so on. Probably need licenses for Avigilon client stations but that is pretty normal these days.

I guess they're trying to stay high end only? I wonder how their support is in europe? I checked out their site and I know some of my clients would be very interested in the product. My shop is located in Stavanger Norway.