advanet123

Intermittent Connection on DVR (koidcom Embedded0 4 ch)

Dear All,

I have to refer here for help, I have installed a kodicom KSR-304T at a client place, everything is fine except that remote viewing is intermittent.

Intermittent means that when the CMS software is on it will failed to connect to the DVR after maybe (4-5 hours) but once I try to connect it, it will reconnect back but it will failed to login again after maybe 4-5 hours later.

I have change also everything in the shop, this include the DVR (change twice), the Modem (Linksys WAG-200) also change twice, telephone line, also change, ADSL filter also changed twice

Call the ISP down, they claim that the line is very stable, nothing wrong with it. I cannot narrow down any problem other than that the telpehone line they are using are shared with the POS(use only at night), NETS, VISA and FAX(Brother) & Telephone (Phone is together with fax)

Any other solution anyone can offer?

Kev

Log into the wag200g 192.168.1.1, default admin, pass admin. On the main setup page you should see a setting keep alive time 20 min. Change the setting to always connected. If that is not the problem change the mtu setting from automatic to manual set in the value 1492.

Sounds like the modem stops the connection after there is no internet traffic. By trying to connect the first time you wake up the modem, but by the time the modem comes on line the cms times out. When trying to connect the second time the modem is already up from the first connect attempt so you go right in. Some modems donot count upload traffic as active internet traffic.

I hope this helps.