I am looking for exactly what I need to put together a mega pixel system. I want atleast 3.1 maga pixel maybe 5 I want one for indoor use for my gun room and need 2 for outdoor use 1 will cover my pool it is about 50' from the house where the camera will be mounted and 1 that will cover the front of the house out to the street the street is 300' away. I will need to put together a computer just for this or NVR whatever will be best and will need software for the cameras. I have been looking at arecont and IQeye but am open to anything other suggestions. I would appreciate any help you guy's can give me.

I've been satisfied with the following gear to cover my property...

-- (6) Arecont AV3130's with Computar/Ganz fixed focal length lenses (variety of 8mm, 12mm, 16mm, 25mm), CAT6 cabling, Panavise mounts, Videolarm and Arecont domes.

-- Linksys SRW2008MP Gbit PoE switch powering the cameras and hooked into Gbit home LAN

-- (2) PC camera servers (each can easily serve all 6 cameras, but I keep two for redundancy)

Q6600 cpu, 2GB RAM, Abit IP35 mobo, PC P&C 750W PSU, Promise SATA controller cards, SATA HD backplanes, 7 TB of HD storage, WinXP Pro, LuxRiot software.

Will probably add a Stardot or Arecont 5MP camera to the mix in the future.