genealle

Wireless covert and DVR question

Anyone have any recs for covert wireless cameras, such as clocks, smoke alarms, etc. Since they won't be permanent, what type would be best since running a power supply would be awkward? Subjects would be cashiers, stock rooms, back doors......

The whole rig would need to be portable to allow fast deployment and knockdown. Customer wants cameras installed after hours and possibly relocated to another position and/or store.

I don't suppose any DVR's have a receivers built in for the covert cameras?

Most setups would be a single camera only, 2 or 3 on rare occasions.

Any vendor recs also appreciated.

Thanks for any info!

Gene

Forget clock cameras, people always play with clocks, even if the time is just seconds different to their watch.

Smoke detectors are probably the easiest to get away with introducing into a workplace, any questions can be answered with insurance company asked for them.

Power is always a problem for this could you get away with a box file or Corn Flakes sized boxon shelf?

What type of period do you need to record for, at a stretch?

Time length would be 24 to 48 hours. I was thinking of DVR with motion sense??

Power seems to be the issue since a cord running to the camera needs to be "in character". I suppose battery powered camera and XMTRs wouldn't last 2 days????

Smoke detector and camera seem most useful since a high POV would be good for cash drawer and room entry.

Thanks!

http://www.eclipsecctv.com/WIRELESS.html

you Could hook up a power supply and battery in a seperate small enclosure, but still need AC locally. OR, you probably could just power it with something like an Altronix 4.5a Battery as used in Burglar Alarms. that will last quite a while since the camera draw is probably only 200ma.

Rory

I did see a working clock radio that plugs in, so I guess that might be a good option, except it limits placement for a good POV. Also saw an EXIT sign, so that wouldn't look too bad with a cord running from it.

I like your big battery suggestion. It could be hidden on top of a ceiling tile and feed through the tile.

Thanks!

If you are able to hide a battery in the ceiling, why not use a wired camera & small digital walkman in the ceiling?

The small dvrs use hardly any power & will record for up to 40 hours.

If you are in the ceiling, why not tap into the mains electrc & you could use any type of dvr. We often do this for POS monitoring with lokdown smoke detector.