mitbug2

NUvico Nvdr4000, Vitek DVR4080 or GE DVMre SDVR-4-80

Hi all ... from reading in this forum...I narrowed down to these 3 DVR...Nuvico and Vitek are seem the same (150.00 diff), GE Storesafe about 400.00 more than Vitek or Nuvico...The GE are best among these 3 but higher cost...so for a home user, or a small business which of these 3 make most sense? Please voices your opinions so I can make better choice. ps...Im trying to do it myself (I will need 2 units of dvr one for home and one for my business). Thanks again for all your help.

I thought Vitek uses Nuvico Products?

For a home user, normally they dont want to spend that kind of cash, at least not here, except for the rich ones. I normally sell them the 4 channel Lan DVR in the HiSharp price range, or the Avtech (under different names) for no LAN and the absolute cheapest.

That said, there are a couple new ones that I am checking out, will get one of the TM4 Stand Alone DVR's next week to test, I will get if for the same price as I get the HiSharp, direct from their US office. Look under DVRs and Stand Alone on the following link. Specs are impressive, for the price, and it is a Korean DVR.

http://www.uriel.net

Hi Rory...Thanks for replying...Wish you and family a great holiday. I look at that link that you provided...but im a amateur when come to these so I pretty much relied on what written here from members of this forum. Sure I would like very much to save $ for a good, reliable product if available. Also I would like a product that ease with use, installation, and stable. So if any of your guidances are provided, I'm greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to every one.

Happy Hollidays to you and yours also

What kind of price did you get on the Kalatel StoreSafe, is it the 4 channel?

rory

Yeah. thats dealer price on it, I was just checking. Its a great DVR though, powerful network software also, its not Linux, and is very stable also. I have never had to go back to one StoreSafe yet that is out in the field, and they are still online.

Rory

Vitek and Nuvico are the same. What area are you in and what place have you gotten pricing from? The Vitek and Nuvico can handle dynamic IP if that is a consideration. I don't know if the StorSafe can do that.

Yeah it does that, though Ive never used it.

PS. thanks AV, will contact you in the new year. I just got the okay from Extreme to buy direct from them by the way, working on some new things in the new year under this new company name, Sure Video Systems.

Hi AVCONSULTING. The pricing for the product came straight out of Spytown.com. The Vitek : 950.00, The nuvico 1100.00 and the GE storesafe 4 channels, 80gig $1516.00. Merry Christmas

Hi Mit

If AV sais the Nuvico (Vitek) is a good unit, then i believe him, he's been in the industy like forever (no offence AV!). He knows his stuff and has relationships and exeprience with these companies.

As for spytown, didnt know they had the 2 on there, seperate, as they are the same DVR, Nuvico is the manufacturer. Also, though I send people over to spytown to check things out, check their warranty policies as they are pretty limited. I cant remember where you are located, but maybe one of us can pioint you to one of your local distributors that will sell you at same price but gives a better warranty. If you can deal with Florida I can give you a number there for kalatel and anything else, but they dont sell the Nuvico or Vitek products, Im sure AV can help you for the Vitek and cameras on that side.

The beginning of this year I hope to try the Vitek myself to sell here locally.

Rory

Hi Mit

If AV sais the Nuvico (Vitek) is a good unit, then i believe him, he's been in the industy like forever (no offence AV!). He knows his stuff and has relationships and exeprience with these companies.

As for spytown, didnt know they had the 2 on there, seperate, as they are the same DVR, Nuvico is the manufacturer. Also, though I send people over to spytown to check things out, check their warranty policies as they are pretty limited. I cant remember where you are located, but maybe one of us can pioint you to one of your local distributors that will sell you at same price but gives a better warranty. If you can deal with Florida I can give you a number there for kalatel and anything else, but they dont sell the Nuvico or Vitek products, Im sure AV can help you for the Vitek and cameras on that side. If it is me, and its for a home and a choice between Viteck and kalatel, and its $400 diff, I d probably go for the Vitek, hey im for saving money. If you need ALL the features like network software ,etc, I can vouch for the Kalatel.

The beginning of this year I hope to try the Vitek myself to sell here locally.

Rory

Merry christmas all of you!!

Rory, remember that DVR that I showed you a litte while back? don't you think that it would be perfect for this application? Expecially condidering the price, $799.99. Have used plenty of them to back their quality, plus it includes a 5 year warranty.

check this link, and you can also download the PDF info and Manual for it

http://www.amebacctv.com/DVR-R204.htm

If you would like more info, PM me, or send me an E-mail.

Isn't that one the Argus unit that we've seen under a dozen different names? Anyway the Vitek and Nuvico (same units again) can be used with an external CD/RW. The Ameba/Argus/ETC. has no USB port for an external CD/RW.

I didn't know that Spytown carried Vitek but if the price is as you say then get the Vitek since it is made by the same company that makes the Nuvico. The OEM in Korea is called Pinetron.

Couple of nice features, when you record to a CD it makes a playable file that can be used on any computer without special software and it also can support dynamic IP. Has an IR remote included which makes using it easier so you don't have to be right next to it when you want to control it.

The home page for Vitek is www.vitekcctv.com and you can get a listing of other distributors in case you want to check around, although the Spy price is pretty competitive.

That's what I thought, but the unit is made by a company called YOKO-TEC. Yeah, so they are Taiwanesse, but we are talking about a home application, and for the price, at least in think that it's not a bad deal, oh yeah, it has a USB 2.0 port for attaching an external HD, or CDRW, it's a new feature for 2005, don't know why the website has not been updated yet

Well, one potential problem, is a SIMPLEX!!!

looks good tho, let us know how it works!

yeah but for a home user, they can afford it to stop while they playback, then click start when they stop

Have you guys seen the new GE 4 channel recorder called Digi-4 or Digia? The dealer pricing is near $900.00. We had a chance to play with few of these units and they look great. With 3 years warranty, it makes it even better.

The recording speed is 120FPS total (30fps per channel) Triplex function with MPEG4 video compression.

The playback for very good and the pricing was best we have seen from any major manufacturers.

Levon

not yet, no news from the site yet..any images/specs?

oh yeah, havent had a chance to look at the site yet, will so a little later levon, thanks

rory

Hello every one...Sorry went out of town to see my mom for Chirstmas...just got back in town. Hope all you all have a wonderful Chirstmas. Any how...back to the dvr...So the Nuvico and Vitek are good to get. The Katela is better but not for that price and home user. Rory I like to use the one you mention if it's decent (Korean one--500.00) if i can get it, and how and where? Other wise, the Vitek ...Everyone???

Hey happy christmas..

Havent tested the Korean one yet, will know as soon as we order it this week, it may not arrive here though until next week, the way our shipping is and there are 2 holiday days here this week.

Well, the one that I mentioned is also a triplex (my fault) and the last price that I saw it for was 550.00 with a 120 HD, if you like it, let me know and I'll send you to the place to get it from.