Sign in to follow this  
mcspooge

White vertical lines-power supply?

Gday Chaps.

I've just got a new peephole camera for my front door(not sure if I can post links?). The brand is KT&C(Pal version).

The problem is a series of white vertical lines going down the screen. The image looks passable in the daytime but as it gets darker the vertical lines become more of a problem.

I did some searching and narrowed it done to a power supply problem.

On the specs of the camera it says:

DC 9v-12v 200/300ma regulated power supply

I have tried a 9v 300ma and a 12volt 1000ma power supply but still suffer the same problem.

How can I tell if the power supplies I have are regulated?

Edited by Guest

Just to add:

I am hooking up the camera with a BNC->COMPOSITE adapter.

Is it possible that could cause the problem?

Gday Chaps.

I've just got a new peephole camera for my front door(not sure if I can post links?). The brand is KT&C(Pal version).

The problem is a series of white vertical lines going down the screen. The image looks passable in the daytime but as it gets darker the vertical lines become more of a problem.

I did some searching and narrowed it done to a power supply problem.

On the specs of the camera it says:

DC 9v-12v 200/300ma regulated power supply

I have tried a 9v 300ma and a 12volt 1000ma power supply but still suffer the same problem.

How can I tell if the power supplies I have are regulated?

Well, if you plug it into the wall and it is big and cubical-shaped device, then it is not regulated. It is merely somewhere between 12 VDC and 16 VDC. I doubt that is your problem, but 12 VDC - 300 mA is probably under powering the device and 12 VDC - 1000mA is probably too much power for the device. Since you have the same issue with either Wall Wart, then I think you have another issue.

Running the feed back parallel to an AC Main circuit with skinny Siamese Coax is probably the issue.

Running the feed back parallel to an AC Main circuit with skinny Siamese Coax is probably the issue.

Nope.

Have connected the Camera Directly to the Monitor to rule that out.

Any other ideas??

Where are you located that you had to purchase a PAL version?

Also with the power supply for the camera I know if it calls for 300mA @ 12VDC he'll be fine if the 12VDC@1AMP is regulated.

As far as the problem have you checked your wiring or made sure the camera isn't grounded out on something?

Thanks,

John