bigdavelamb

Take static Images and send to external system

Hi

I am a software developer and have been asked to take 10 images of an object and then send these to a 3rd party system that will take care of the rest. So I am will be responsible for the cameras and collecting the images that I will need to be JPEGS and just send them to some 3rd party software probably by just copying them to somewhere on a network drive. I am new to this area, would I need a frame grabber with some sort sort of SDK, I looked at Geovision but you need to run their software in the background which I do not want to do as I want my own software to get the images at specific times.

Cheers for any help.

dave

Does this need to happen at a certain time, or just ten images over an x day period? Microsoft has a Power Toy called Timershot that takes a picture from an ordinary webcam every so many hours, minutes, seconds, or days from whatever webcam is plugged into that computer. There might be some solution on that regard that might suit your needs. Most of the DVR capture cards I know of require their software to be of any use. Just a thought

Wouldn't it be easier to use an IP camera and just request an image with http?

Windows command line ap "wget" works great on my Arecont for downloading images on demand.