rory

Enforcer Power Supply

My Dis sent me this power supply, never used it before, anyway all he had. Its okay, but they say connect the AC power cable to the AC terminals, but there is no indication as to which wire goes where. The AC terminal has Blue and Brown on one side, and white and yellow on the other. It is a normal 2 prong power cord. I know which is which on that, but not which side goes to where as there are no markings, and the install manual sais nothing.

Any ideas?

thanks

Rory

http://www.seco-larm.com/CCTVPSDC.htm

this one, the 16 output model.

They just dont label what is what on the AC terminal, its just colored high voltage wire, an electrician would know, but thats like pulling teeth this week to get one to come down just for that!

thanks

Rory

Rory,

I agree, it is very confusing. If I am reading their diagram correctly, it should not matter how you connect the 120VAC cables to the main transformer or the output of the transformer to the card that converts the AC to DC allowing to adjust the voltage ouput. The inputs to the transformer and to the card is AC afterall.

Are you looking at this site? http://www.seco-larm.com/pdfs/MiEvpDc120.pdf This page shows some decent information.

However, I can see how confusing they mad their drawing. I take it that you will not be buying this type of a power supplies anymore..

I know we had a similar problem with these power supplies before and that was one too many and we switched back to Altronix and BTron....

Levon

Ok after a search on google, as I know nothing of high voltage, anyway, the Black is LIVE, and the White is Neutral. Now I just have to know which on the Power cord is which, its been a while since I last connected one. Anyway, which is live, the Large prong or the small prong?

thanks

Rory

Not sure what you mean "large" or "small" prongs, but as a rule, the large prongs carry the hot line, but then again, it will not matter, unless if you are operating with 220VAC input. What is your input voltage?

levon

If you have 115VAC, it should not matter since it comes with (2) prongs input (hot & ground). It would have mattered if you were required to connect with (3) prongs (hot, ground and nuteral), then you would have serious problems, because the documentation was so poor...

The connection requirements for 220VAC is different overall, similar in many ways, but still different...

Levon[/b][/u]

ok, got from reading a couple lamp cord sites from google, on power cord, wide prong, or side with writing, is neatral, smaller one is live, and on panel black is live and white is neutral..

Yep, you're right, it doesnt matter which way it goes, as long as its 120VAC, but if the plug is 220 then pow! Since we have such messed up electric here ill have to do it the right way around, just in case

Rory,

Before you connect up anything, why not disconnect the secondary (output) leads from the transformer (at the PCB); that way, if you do anything untoward, you won't damage the power supply board. (Any markings on the transformer?)

If the AC connections are showing Brown (Live) and Blue (Neutral), it shouldn't make any difference which way around they are connected to the transformer.

If the transformer has just two outer 'pins' or solder tags on the primary input, the chances are it's been wound for 110v AC.

If it has four pins, it's possible that the split windings have been arranged to allow 220/240v on the outer, with a bridge link across the two inner tags. Without a bridge link, the two pairs of windings can be connected independently or in parallel for 110v operation.

If you power up the transformer, you can check the secondary AC voltage with a test meter to make sure it doesn't exceed 30v AC. If it checks out o.k., you can power down, then reconnect the secondary leads to the power supply board.

hi, yeah turned out didnt matter for 120VAC. Anyway, brown & blue was Hot, white & yellow was neutral, works okay thanks.