hypnotic7

Looking for some advice on seting up 4 cameras.

Hi everyone!!! I found this forum while searching for information on setting up few cameras in my friend's office. I found lots of great information here!! I have a few question for you guys if you don't mind so i can put it all together.

I installed few AXIS IP cameras in another office, which are connected to the router and he is able to watch his office over the internet. Now he asked me to setup 4 cameras in his new office but he would like to get recording options and also zoom controls over the internet.

I would like to find out which is a better solution cctv or ip cameras in this situation. The budget is under $1500.

I found few threads talking about budget solutions. Someone suggested this DVR G4-LTA. It looks like everything that i would need to setup up CCTV solution. Are midrage CCTV cameras usually cheaper or more expensive then IP Cams with ability to zoom and maybe pan.

Can some one please suggest some IP DVRs. I might buy 4 AXIS cams and connect them to the IP DVR.

I would really appreciated some suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance!!!!

you used axis ip cam,what about try their ip dvr(called nvr)?it's called axis 262.you can find some info by google

Thank you very much for the reply. I actually was looking into a solution from axis, but for some reason this dvr is not available for purchase in North America. This is one of the reason i am looking into another solution.

Thanks again!

I think your budget is too low to meet your objectives.

any decent IP camera is going to cost $300+, x 4 = $1200+.

that leaves you $300 (or less) for a recording solution. not including any networking costs.

if you buy all ACTi or all Vivotek, they have free recording s/w. but you still have to supply an adequate PC.

this system won't give you any zoom or pan capabilities. that's a lot more $$.

Hi everyone!!! I found this forum while searching for information on setting up few cameras in my friend's office. I found lots of great information here!! I have a few question for you guys if you don't mind so i can put it all together.

I installed few AXIS IP cameras in another office, which are connected to the router and he is able to watch his office over the internet. Now he asked me to setup 4 cameras in his new office but he would like to get recording options and also zoom controls over the internet.

I would like to find out which is a better solution cctv or ip cameras in this situation. The budget is under $1500.

I found few threads talking about budget solutions. Someone suggested this DVR G4-LTA. It looks like everything that i would need to setup up CCTV solution. Are midrage CCTV cameras usually cheaper or more expensive then IP Cams with ability to zoom and maybe pan.

Can some one please suggest some IP DVRs. I might buy 4 AXIS cams and connect them to the IP DVR.

I would really appreciated some suggestions.

Thank you very much in advance!!!!

Your budget is too low to consider PTZs for that project. You'll barely fit in 4 cameras for IP work. You could go with a lower in IP camera like Vivotek but their stuff is ****.

Your budget is too low to consider PTZs for that project. You'll barely fit in 4 cameras for IP work. You could go with a lower in IP camera like Vivotek but their stuff is ****.

Thomas thank you for the reply. What about going CCTV route. I see some packages in my range, but i have no idea which brand names are good quality. It really doesn't matter if cameras are ip or cctv as long as my friend is able to see streaming video over the internet. PTZ is just an extra and also is not a requirement.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thomas thank you for the reply. What about going CCTV route. I see some packages in my range, but i have no idea which brand names are good quality. It really doesn't matter if cameras are ip or cctv as long as my friend is able to see streaming video over the internet. PTZ is just an extra and also is not a requirement.

Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!!

In all honesty, I think your budget is too small to consider even doing the set up. You'll be looking at lower end cameras and a poor DVR.

Yeh!!

Go with analog Cams with some Local DVR...

& Service it every 2-3 months

Still wanna go with AXIS...you can record thro' some of the system ( computer ) why go for IP DVR??

More details available on axis website....

Good Luck!!!

Kalpesh Nikumbh

India!!

Thanks guys for the replies!!! I think I am going to go ahead with Axis IP Cams. My friend doesn't want to use a computer for recording but want's a separate DVR box. What is a good brand of IP DVRs, with internet streaming.

Thanks again!

Which Axis Camera that you are going to use? I am using QNAP NVR-1012, bundled with 2 entry level IP camera for my home. Cost me $950. It also supported some Axis camera. Check out their website. Or if you want to spend a little bit more money, there is a higher end of NVR that QNAP made, the VioStor series. I like their product because it featured a simple NAS function.

Hey thewireguys!!

You wanna suggest 2 replace 4 camers with single!! That's nice!!!

If that cannot possible and req....4 diffrent cams in difrent areas....

option 2 :

But as he said ...budget is very low...he cam go for AXIs 207.. cheepest & Coolest MPEG-4 IP cam in AXIS.

On prise could not comment ...since i works in India.

Kalp.