XXX

Field Monitor setup

What monitor are you guys using for setting up cameras in the field? I'm looking for a newer system with it's own battery supply, decent image, etc.

Thanks!

well there is the OEM one that everyone sells, I had one and it didnt last long as batteries were soldered to the power cable, came in a neat case, but ...anyway, its cheap and same one is sold all over the web.

Computar has a good one. More expensive.

One thing to note, forget proper focusing with them, they were not designed for that and normally have like 4" screens, use them just to aim the camera, then check out the FM systems Camera Master, which takes care of focusing and much more, not cheap, around $600. Another alternative is the Portable DVD players, that come in hard cases with RCA inputs, they have larger screens like 7 inches.

Rory

Interesting twist on the portable DVD player theme; I recently spotted a DVD player with TWO x 7" LCD displays for use as an in-car entertainment system.

Each Monitor would be ideal for setting up CCTV cameras, and the kit price was something like the equivalent of under $US 400.

Mind you, you'd still have to buy a battery to go with it!

I make myselve monitor. I use view finder from portable camcorder, mount it in head holder. Better than standart service monitors:

Both hands free

No problems in sunlight,