Sign in to follow this  
3RDIGLBL

Extreme CCTV WZ18 Series

I have a customer who does not want the look of a bulky heated enclosure on their house so I am looking for alternatives. Problem here is that it could get down to almost -40F in the dead of winter. I have had no problems with the heated enclosures and PTZ's we've installed as the temps have gone down to -36F (I have a picture of the thermometer!) this past winter I have had no issues.

Anyhow, I was thinking that the WZ18 series bullet cameras look like a good choice for them but the spec states -22F.

Anyone have experience with these cameras in really cold environments? Does the camera hold true to spec or have people seen these running in much colder than speced? I don't have experience with Extreme but I'm well aware of them.

Thanks.

Seems Extreme has updated the WZ18 and the WZ20...Just seen it on there website.... Wonder how they will perform now??

Wonder how they will perform now??

Were there problems with them before?

I did get a response from my supplier who spoke to a rep from Extreme CCTV and the rep stated that the camera will operate to -40 as they test them down to -55 (this was told to me) but it may take a performace hit when operating that low. I'm not sure what they mean by it won't perform as well but it will operate....