Sign in to follow this  
UAF

Panasonic WJ-HD316A pointers

I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this DVR and could give me some pointers on setting up the VMD properly. I have gone through all the setup and can get it to record on motion detection but it is quite delayed. If I physically shake the camera for a little while it will eventually begin recording, but will only record for a few seconds. What I need it to do is record instantly upon detecting motion and continue recording until it the motion stops.

As of now I have the VMD area setup for "any area"

The Event Program is set for "ACT DET"

I'm not sure what I am missing to get this thing to function the way I want.

First, in the Quick set up menu, set the operation mode to ALARM, not ACT DET. Next, in the VMD setup, select the sensitivity for each camera. Then, select the desired sensitivity level, OFF, LOW, MID, HIGH for each of the motion detection areas selected.

If I understand you correctly and, you have the VMD areas set correctly, I think just changing from ACT DET to ALARM will solve your problem.

Hope this Helps

Setting the operation mode to ALARM resulted in the same symptoms. It will record but quite delayed and only for a few seconds at a time, same as ACT DET.

The VMD area is set to ANY AREA and sensitivity is HIGH

I'm gonna try to figure out how to set it back to the factory settings and start over, and if that doesn't work I'm gonna see if I can get it to continuously record using the DURATION setting for VMD.

I would try again making sure you are running the system in the Quick set up mode to start. That way you don’t have to worry about all the advance menu features causing you confusing problems. If that works we can move on from there.

Still the same using the quick setup. I poked around in the manual and google and couldn't find a way to reset the factory defaults so it might be my messing around with it that is causing the problem, but I am unsure.

if it helps I am using a JVC VN-C205u camera

Anyone know of to hard reset these things?

In my manual the default settings are listed on page 158 also try page 143. Note: that all the manuals are not printed the same, therefore, the page number may very. Anyway, it’s listed under PARAMETERS AND THE DEFAULT SETTINGS OF THE SETUP MENU.

As a short cut, check the record priority in the advanced setup. The default is (1. Event Rec, 2. Manual Rec, 3. Schedule Rec. It really sounds like you have the settings off. This thing is a Bear to setup. Moreover, the manual will confuse the hell out of you.

My reason for mentioning checking the priority is, that’s, where I had a similar problem early on.

After doing more research, it almost sounds like your VMD mode setting is set or stuck in Vector mode or Duration, mode and not to Any Area. I believe what you say but, maybe it’s set one way in Quick Setup and different in Advanced Setup. I’m not sure if that’s possible but, it’s something you could check.

I would have to agree that going back to default and starting over may be your best bet.

Thanks for you help, I'll let you know how it goes i'm still fighting with this thing to reset to the defaults.

Once I start over i'm going to stick with just the quick setup.