Redm

Home cctv with pc

Hi folks,

We got 3 kids and another on the way...

I have 2 pc's networked at home and pretty much know a lot about computers as I've been using and working with them for over 20 years, BUT ....

We're thinking about getting a cctv camera outside hooked up to my main pc to record when were out and about......Now I might know a bit about pc's but I have no idea where to start with my own cctv sytem.

I was hoping someone here could help as I was looking for something cheap and cheerful if possible that could possibly link to my wireless network.

We need a camera outside (just 1) and to be able to record onto my main pc? Any recommendations are welcome, thanks in advance,

Dave

dlink network cameras are priced pretty good and they also have wireless versions of all thier cameras, i am a direct with dlink you can pm or email me for more information i will be glad to help

dlink network cameras are priced pretty good and they also have wireless versions of all thier cameras, i am a direct with dlink you can pm or email me for more information i will be glad to help

If you're going to go with D-Link, then just get Vivotek, who D-Link OEMs from. It will be cheaper.

Get a DVR kit for your PC, Incl card, camera, cable, power supply, etc. look on ebay.... around $200 to get you started.

Get a DVR kit for your PC, Incl card, camera, cable, power supply, etc. look on ebay.... around $200 to get you started.

Well i do dot concur 100%

There are fake and bad ass pc cards on ebay some cost 14.99 some are 199 usd for the same card.

A good pc card cost more.

Why not a DVR recorder? you can hook it up to your pc and to backups to.

Think gonna cost you 250 usd.